X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCY
    replied
    Re: Black border

We have two of those old pencil sharpeners -- one in the garage, & one in the basement. We still use them occasionally.

Leave a comment:

• Patty J
    replied

jjkaiser, I have one of those pencil sharpeners in my sewing room. Didn't know people wouldn't know what it was. Am I old fashioned or what?? LOL

Leave a comment:

• cindirae
    replied

I use soap, too. I usually use the small bars from hotels that DH brings home from his trips. I just shave the 4 sides to a point with a straightedge razor.

Leave a comment:

• Peggi
    replied

I used white bar soap, such as Ivory, to mark a black quilt I made. Nothing special to buy and it washed out easily.

Leave a comment:

• debbie1952
    replied

Thanks everyone

Leave a comment:

• Tracie T
    replied

Like the others said, chalk pencil works for me.

Leave a comment:

• jjkaiser
    replied

I use a chalk pencil that I sharpen with a regular hand crank sharpener screwed into the wall if anybody remembers those?! Denise is right though, it will rub off so you can only mark a small section at a time or the marks will be gone when you get to them.

Leave a comment:

• quiltsRfun
    replied

Originally posted by SuzanneOrleansOntario View Post
    I would use a white marking pencil. Brush or rub off.

I like this one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Leave a comment:

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
    replied

I would use a white marking pencil. Brush or rub off.

Leave a comment:

• DeniseSm
    replied

It is important to get the ULTRA clean crayola washable markers. On black I personally have better luck using the white ceramic marking pencil. They make a crisp line and the markings easily brush off. Not a chalk pencil. Chalk lines rub off so easily they will disappear before you get to them.

Leave a comment:

• debbie1952
    started a topic Black border

Black border

I put a black border on a quilt, and now I am concerned about how I mark it to quilt it. I would like to do some sort of diamond, but it may have to be straight lines.

Also I remember comments about washable crayola markers for quilts. Can someone refresh my memory please.

Thanks in advance.
Working...
X