Black border

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black border

I put a black border on a quilt, and now I am concerned about how I mark it to quilt it. I would like to do some sort of diamond, but it may have to be straight lines.

Also I remember comments about washable crayola markers for quilts. Can someone refresh my memory please.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Black border

It is important to get the ULTRA clean crayola washable markers. On black I personally have better luck using the white ceramic marking pencil. They make a crisp line and the markings easily brush off. Not a chalk pencil. Chalk lines rub off so easily they will disappear before you get to them.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

I would use a white marking pencil. Brush or rub off.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Originally posted by SuzanneOrleansOntario View Post
        I would use a white marking pencil. Brush or rub off.

I like this one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

I use a chalk pencil that I sharpen with a regular hand crank sharpener screwed into the wall if anybody remembers those?! Denise is right though, it will rub off so you can only mark a small section at a time or the marks will be gone when you get to them.

Comment

Like the others said, chalk pencil works for me.
            Tracie

Comment

Thanks everyone

Comment

I used white bar soap, such as Ivory, to mark a black quilt I made. Nothing special to buy and it washed out easily.

Comment

I use soap, too. I usually use the small bars from hotels that DH brings home from his trips. I just shave the 4 sides to a point with a straightedge razor.
                  Tenacity: The quality or fact of being very determined; determination.

Comment

jjkaiser, I have one of those pencil sharpeners in my sewing room. Didn't know people wouldn't know what it was. Am I old fashioned or what?? LOL

Comment

We have two of those old pencil sharpeners -- one in the garage, & one in the basement. We still use them occasionally.

Comment

Working...
                      X