HST layout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HST layout

Started making these HSTs at the forum retreat and finally DH and I are getting to play with them. We like this layout but I am not sure there is enough light/dark contrast to do it justice. What do you think? Should we keep playing and find another layout?

HST layout.jpg

Thanks for your input.

Beth
    Happiness is a FULL bobbin!

Re: HST layout

I think that looks great.

Comment

Looks mostly good. The only thing I might tweak would be in the 3rd 'border' of HSTs that intersect the corner stars -- I would make those triangles as contrasty as possible, otherwise that border might get lost.

Very cool.

Comment

The overall layout looks great. I enlarged your picture tho and noticed that the big star in the upper right where the blocks meet at the center, it looks like the dark half of the HSTs are almost all the same color but on your other stars there is a more obv contrast. Idk if this is what you intended? It doesnt look bad, just less contrast than the others are. Or else it could just be my computer.

Comment

I love it, do see the one square that is all dark. Great pattern

Comment

I think it all looks great and you will be pleased with that layout. Once you quilt it and get it on a bed, the contrasts don't seem nearly as important. Congratulations. It looks fabulous
            Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
            Terry

Comment

Looks good!! I like how you have a star in the middle and stars in the corners.

Comment

Oh, I really love that layout! Go with it!

Comment

what a beautiful quilt, congrats.

Comment

Beautiful quilt. One comment (well, I guess two) On the top three rows, you have a diagonal of all darks and the further to the right you have a square of all darks. So these two areas don't have much contrast. Of course, it could be my monitor. Looking forward to seeing the finish!
                    “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
                    “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

I like this layout, you did a great job.
                      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Gorgeous! I think it’s one of the best layouts of HST’s I’ve ever seen!
                        💫 Star lover

Comment

Thanks for all the input on this one, I keep going down and swapping HSTs using your comments. I think I will have it ready to sew together by Monday morning!

Beth
                          Happiness is a FULL bobbin!

Comment

Absolutely GORGEOUS! I love it! Beautiful colors and contrast is good.
                            Donna

Comment

Working...
                            X