Dis appearing 9 patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dis appearing 9 patch

Hi from chilly Scotland. Think this is a disappearing 9 patch but does anyone know how to achieve this cut so that I get the triangles Thanks for any suggestions - I know there are a g-zillion ways of cutting the 9 patch but can't find this one!

Disappearing 9 patch.jpg

Re: Dis appearing 9 patch

I've looked at many arrangements of D9P, but I have not seen this one. I suspect it's not a D9P block. I searched several web sites, but I did not see this one. Maybe someone else will have an idea.

Comment

I don't see how this could possibly have originated as a 9-patch, as a 9-patch has only straight seams (no diagonals). I see two different blocks; a 4-patch and a hidden square block.

If you are interested, here is a tutorial on how to construct a hidden square block.
      https://www.365challenge.com.au/buil...hidden-square/

Comment

Is this the block that creates Jacob's Ladder?

Comment

This block is similar to Buckeye Beauty and Jewel Box
          Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

yep looks like a Jacobs ladder or two four patches and half square triangles. Or 4 four patches with two of them made into half squares triangles with a white piece laid over the four patch.

Comment

I did wonder about it being a 9 patch but think I'd seen this tutorial somewhere along the way so thought it possible

https://mypatchwork.wordpress.com/20...ock-variation/

Not exactly what I was looking for but maybe you have to start by making two 9 patches and cutting them differently?? Teresa Downunder is rather clever with her cutting. Will have to check out her book. Thanks though for the help.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itUKAJ6RaOc
                Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
                ― Maya Angelou

Comment

That's an interesting one.

Not certain if this would work. But maybe I would make a four patch and lay a background square on top. Then cut it on the diagonal and swap pieces and sew?

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

I just browsed through all of Marcia's blocks (>700) on Quilter's Cache. I do not see this block there. It's not Jacob's Ladder, also known at the Underground Railroad. I'm stumped.

Comment

Working...
                    X