Echo stitching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Echo stitching

What length would you echo stitch this quilt. It’s a huge project need to complete by Christmas. I’m really hoping I can finish in time. I don’t have a long arm just my Janome or Brother. Definitely going to use my walking foot though. All the boarders also have the a design in them to big to get into the picture.
    Attached Files
    sigpicHawaiigrammi

Re: Echo stitching

Are you asking about stitch length or the distance between echos?

Comment

Beautiful quilt! Not sure if this helps but on my Babylock I use a 2.5 or 3 for stitch length and tend to use a pressure foot width between rows. This works well for me, I can manage following the foot much better than eye balling and find I can adjust simply by changing the foot or moving the needle one way or the other.

Beth
      Happiness is a FULL bobbin!

Comment

I am certainly no expert but I probably would stitch around the design, then about 1/4 to 3/8" then a bit wider perhaps 1/2", using your presser foot as a quide is also great recommendation.

Comment

That's going to be beautiful! I'd use the edge of the presser foot. I have a presser foot that has grids on either side, so I can go up to an inch.
          Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
          ― Maya Angelou

Comment

I'm not good with planning quilting designs, but I just have to comment on what a beautiful quilt this is going to be. Please don't forget to post a picture of the quilt when you finish.

Comment

Asking about stitch length not much room for width between the appliqués and going to follow my walking foot.
              Originally posted by quiltsRfun View Post
              Are you asking about stitch length or the distance between echos?
              sigpicHawaiigrammi

Comment

Originally posted by Astatoo View Post
                Beautiful quilt! Not sure if this helps but on my Babylock I use a 2.5 or 3 for stitch length and tend to use a pressure foot width between rows. This works well for me, I can manage following the foot much better than eye balling and find I can adjust simply by changing the foot or moving the needle one way or the other.
                Will definitely try both. Mahalo
                sigpicHawaiigrammi

Comment

Originally posted by KPH View Post
                  That's going to be beautiful! I'd use the edge of the presser foot. I have a presser foot that has grids on either side, so I can go up to an inch.

Going to use walking foot as a guide to wide??
                  sigpicHawaiigrammi

Comment

Originally posted by TMP View Post
                    I'm not good with planning quilting designs, but I just have to comment on what a beautiful quilt this is going to be. Please don't forget to post a picture of the quilt when you finish.

Mahalo for your kindness yes I’m going to hate giving it away lol
                    sigpicHawaiigrammi

Comment

What a beautiful quilt, can't wait to see it when it's completed.

Comment

Sometimes you need to use a shorter length when going around curves. I can't tell how small and tight they are. Why not make a sandwich and mimic going around all those leaves to see how your machine handles them?

Comment

Really pretty, can't wait to see it!
                          "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

Good idea about a trial run, But I love your quilt and your design. Looking forward to the big reveal when you are done. Have fun.

Comment

Wow. A real stunning beauty. No expert here on quilting this type of quilt. I guess since time is an issue what about 3/8 to 1/2" inch between. I would do a 3 stich length.

Post your beauty when you are done.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Working...
                              X