Hanging quilts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hanging quilts

Can you use curtain header tape on quilts and then hang them on rods like you would curtains to display them. Thanks for your time.

Re: Hanging quilts

I hope someone comes by to weigh in on this. I think I remember someone hanging quilts in their home like you're talking about. I'm just not sure how they actually hung them.

What about the clips that have the curtain rings on them?
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Here is site that shows more than one method to hang quilts. I would think if it is a real big quilt you would need a heavy duty rod for sure if there is not middle support for the weight.
      [http://quiltkisses.blogspot.com/2015...ng-quilts.html

Comment

Thanks for that pockets and wooden rods I’m thinking after looking at her display of hung quilts.

Comment

what beautiful quilts!
          sigpic

Comment

I am hanging Some of my quilts during October in our local theatre lobby. I intend to use the curtain clips on my quilts because I sure don't want to put hanging rod pockets on all the quilts! Hope these will work! Wish me luck!

Comment

For temporary use I use pants hangers. I got some really neat vintage chrome hangers with a swivel hook.
              You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-

Comment

RRCB.jpg
                I am not sure if you can see how this is hung or not. There is an iron piece [actually a fancy towel holder] and the top of the quilt is fan folded, stuck through the holder, un fanned and then I used large pins to keep it in place. The pins are easy to remove and change the quilt to a different one occasionally.

Comment

Claire, how clever that is.. I have no room to actually hang a quilt in our home, but this could work...doesn't take up a lot of room, but still able to hang a pretty quilt and display it. Love that idea.
                  A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

I use Command Strips and put them directly on the wall. You just have to make sure you get the right size. They work well because you can move them with no damage to the wall or quilt. They work great for me.
                    Happy Quilting :)
                    Evelyn

Comment

Originally posted by Mimi_Howard View Post
                      Here is site that shows more than one method to hang quilts. I would think if it is a real big quilt you would need a heavy duty rod for sure if there is not middle support for the weight.
                      [http://quiltkisses.blogspot.com/2015...ng-quilts.html
                      This is an excellent link...so many ways to hang quilts....Thanks, Mimi!
                      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Originally posted by mrsg730 View Post
                        I use Command Strips and put them directly on the wall. You just have to make sure you get the right size. They work well because you can move them with no damage to the wall or quilt. They work great for me.
                        This is a great idea!
                        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Working...
                        X