X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PrettyCurious
    replied
    Re: 54/40 or fight quilt?????

I got this in my Sew Sampler box. The pattern comes with paper templates also. The box included a mini jelly roll, and was only $29 with shipping, so somebody kept the other goodies and is selling the pattern/template set. This pattern is written with very little waste, since you place the templates on a jelly roll to cut them out.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Violet-...t/283109786046

I'd like to make Jenny's 5440 quilt, but I must make the 5440 Plus quilt first.

Leave a comment:

• kensington
    replied

Yep... I went and watched again, Jenny specifically mentions she wanted to do it without a template, and because she does it often, hers come out in the same place pretty much.

I also did a search and found the Fons and Porter Tri Recs template and watched that tutorial... BORING. Omy. If it takes that long to do one it will take forever to do enough for the blocks in this video... I think I would try Jenny's method first, I don't want to buy another tool. But, hey if I already owned it and mastered it... that's a win win.

Leave a comment:

• kensington
    replied

Jenny did mention that she is a creature of habit, so hers would all tend to come out the same, she makes them so often she just spins them out. Yep, if you are not comfortable with it, use a tool. I don't know what I would do until I tried, and I have no idea what tool you all speak of. I can however think of a dozen ways to mark it. Freestyle is kind of scary. LOL.

Leave a comment:

• Star lover
    replied

Guess I'm not the wonky gal type. I'd have to have order, so maybe the tri recs ruler for me. I'd be a much happier camper.....but then I'm a nut!

Leave a comment:

• geegeequilts
    replied

That's what I'd do too. My stars would be a little more wonky.

Gina

Leave a comment:

• Claire Hallman
    replied

Originally posted by GlendaM View Post
    Can the star block be made with the tri recs tool????? I don't know that my freestyle my not all come out the same! LOL TIA
    That is the way Liz Porter did her version called Emily's wedding quilt.

Leave a comment:

• GlendaM
    started a topic 54/40 or fight quilt?????

54/40 or fight quilt?????

Can the star block be made with the tri recs tool????? I don't know that my freestyle my not all come out the same! LOL TIA
Working...
X