Wedding Quilts?....Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wedding Quilts?....Suggestions?

I have this picture of an Indian Wedding Ring Quilt saved on my Pinterest. This one is really pretty. I guess you could look up the pattern, which I don't have. indian wedding ring.jpg
    I am Sew Blessed!
    Alina

Comment

Haven't made this one yet - but love it!

Liz Porter (Fons and Porter) made it for daughter Emily's wedding.

https://www.quiltingcompany.com/stor...44480000008472
      Donna

Comment

Originally posted by dwil23 View Post

I have made that one and really love it.
        That Smokey River one is stunning, too.

Comment

Congrats! My daughter is also getting married this year and I am struggling to pick a pattern. I'm not that confident in my piecing, so a wedding ring quilt isn't calling to me. A few of these have sparked some ideas. My biggest problem is that she is telling me she wants a gray quilt! I think I'm going to have to go to my LQS and ask for help. I wouldn't mind suggestions if you have any.

Not trying to bogart your thread. I am enjoying everyone's comments on patterns. Some of these are stunning!

Comment

Originally posted by Gloriana View Post
            Congrats! My daughter is also getting married this year and I am struggling to pick a pattern. I'm not that confident in my piecing, so a wedding ring quilt isn't calling to me. A few of these have sparked some ideas. My biggest problem is that she is telling me she wants a gray quilt! I think I'm going to have to go to my LQS and ask for help. I wouldn't mind suggestions if you have any.

Not trying to bogart your thread. I am enjoying everyone's comments on patterns. Some of these are stunning!
            Today's tutorial is basically like the Emily's Wedding quilt - just larger blocks and she makes the "starlegs" shorter. It would make a nice quilt for someone who prefers a more contemporary look and it still has the look of "rings".

It would look nice with varying grays against a white background. You could mix up different shades/tones of gray and it would be beautiful! Also remember you could make it bigger if you wanted a bed size quilt.
            Donna

Comment

Thank you. That's a good suggestion. I was eyeballing this tutorial this morning, but had not yet put it together in my head that I could substitute several gray fabrics. Maybe add a pop of color somewhere. Now I'm going to go watch it again. Thanks!

Comment

I hope you show us when it's done. I have narrowed down a few potential quilts. I think I might do a quilt called Twisted, but it uses partial seams. So I am not sure about that. In "theory" it seems straight forward enough. But I would probably need to do a test block.

If any one else has any ideas please feel free. This helps me, and many others.
                There are no perfect quilts, because I am a imperfect quilter.

Sharon :icon_hi:

Comment

I just watched Jenny's tute on the Royal Wedding Quilt, using the English Wedding Ring block. I can see this in various shades of gray with white background. Wouldn't be hard to come up with lights and darks in gray. Goes together really quick
                  A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

My sister just gifted me a Double Wedding Ring quilt using Eleanor Burns pattern. It is in blues/teals and has solid arcs not pieced ones. It is lovely and she did it as a surprise not being able to ask me questions was a little difficult on her. But she made it and said it wasn't as hard as she thought it would be. No matter what pattern you use, your Bride and Groom will love it because you made it with love just for them.

Comment

Originally posted by dwil23 View Post

That's the 54-40 or Fight quilt pattern. Jenny just did a tutorial on that very quilt this week!

Comment

Working...
                      X