Wedding Quilts?....Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wedding Quilts?....Suggestions?

So my daughter will be getting married next year. Of course, I would love to gift her and new hubby a nice quilt for their king size bed. I have poured over patterns , Youtube videos, and many websites. I haven't found one that says...."that's the one" yet. (I am looking beyond the "Wedding Ring Quilt")

So I was wondering if you folks would be willing to post pictures of the quilts you have made as wedding gifts, that would be awesome. I would be most thankful.

Thank you.
    There are no perfect quilts, because I am a imperfect quilter.

Sharon :icon_hi:

Re: Wedding Quilts?....Suggestions?

I know you said no Wedding Ring Quilt, but there is a beautiful one that Kaye Woods makes that uses border fabric to make the "arcs". Really stunning.
    http://www.freequiltpatterns.info/fr...-kaye-wood.htm

And Bargellos are beautiful:
    https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&....0.bluysdwbU_U

Here's a wedding quilt using the binding tool:
    https://www.pinterest.com/pin/438749188683031599/
    It's the top post, could not get it to go to the website.

I asked my son and daughter-in-law what they wanted and they told me the traditional Double Wedding Ring quit done in black and white. Told them it would take a while. I'm still working on piecing the arcs.

Congratulations on their marriage.
    Last edited by Vonnie; August 11, 2018, 08:26 AM.
    Vonnie

Comment

Any quilt pattern will work. Have you browsed Forum members' photo albums? Do you watch Donna Jordan's tutorials? I would ask for color suggestions from your dau. -- do they want traditional or modern, etc. Since it's a king size, you might want to consider an easier pattern rather than something complicated. Whatever you decide on, I'm sure it will be a gift of love & greatly appreciated. I made this Herringbone quilt (Jenny's tutorial) from Chloe fabrics for my gr. son's wedding gift. It's queen sized. Herringbone Quilt Finished - Oct., 2016 002.jpg
      Last edited by JCY; August 11, 2018, 09:00 AM. Reason: Added pic

Comment

Here are a couple of quilts I've made for weddings.

front.jpg

quilt.jpg

I recommend getting someone to snoop their bedroom décor if you intend for this quilt to go on their bed.

Comment

Do you have any idea if they prefer traditional or modern or some other style? Any color preferences? Style of bedroom furniture?
          https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
          Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlie Wolf View Post
            Do you have any idea if they prefer traditional or modern or some other style? Any color preferences? Style of bedroom furniture?
            They could do either as far as traditional/modern style. Their colors for the wedding will be lavender and green like the grass. while color of the wedding could be transferred into their quilt, not sure it will happen. Because I feel it's a bit limited. I could use those colors as the primary and accent with other colors.

I am still mulling this over.

Comment

DSCN1356_01.jpg This is a King size one I did for my granddaughter and her husband as a wedding gift. It is the Bento Box Block pattern. I made the shams to match. I hope you are able to find something you want to make. Congrats on the upcoming wedding.
              A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

• dizzyLiz
                dizzyLiz commented
                Editing a comment
                Is this a MSQC pattern?

• cv quilter
                cv quilter commented
                Editing a comment
                This is not a MSQC pattern. I made these blocks through a QATW swap. Thank you for asking.

I need to make a wedding quilt for my DGS and his bride-to-be. I've decided to make another Open Heart Quilt. The pattern is available at www.lellaboutique.com and it's fun and simple to make. It would look great in gray tones. When you get to the site just do a search for Open Heart and it will pop right up.

OlivesQuilt.jpg
              Last edited by Bubby; August 11, 2018, 01:45 PM.
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I've always loved to the Irish chain pattern - it's gorgeous in a single color or scrappy or a planned color scheme. Jacobs Ladder is that way too.

Comment

I agree with the Irish Chain pattern, simple in design and would go with just about any décor. It would be easier to place some of the wedding colors in this pattern.
                  sigpic

Comment

There's one quilt I saw on Show and Tell here that just speaks to me and has "gorgeous" all over it. I'll be doing that pattern if I ever get the chance to do another wedding gift. At my age there's more funerals than weddings. LOL

It's the Hanging Garden pattern and done by a member here- Bababoo.

https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/sh...ad.php?t=77843
                    You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-

Comment

Thanks to all of you for your suggestions. It has really helped me look at patterns that I would never have considered.

I know I say this often, but I really love this forum. Every one is so helpful and ready to respond with suggestions and answers.

Comment

I am making this one in a king size as a wedding gift for my step-son and his bride. The pattern is Eureka! by Jackie Robinson of Animas Quilts.

fullsizeoutput_29bc.jpg

Sorry, the picture seems to be upside-down.

Comment

I like a more traditional quilt to give for a wedding. Fads and styles come and go but tradition stays.

I recently gave a Disappearing 9 Patch Madness to my niece. Jo Morton fabrics. Deep rich colors of Blues, greens, browns/tans and Burgandy's. My Bride was thrilled, she loved the pattern and the colors.

I was doing the 9P Madness, and it wasn't working for me... I was losing points, I had my blocks all sewn into rows and some rows sewn into sections, I took it apart back down to the blocks, I turned them, and I liked it. It worked for me. This pic is after quilting before binding.

20180802_195035 - Copy.jpg

Comment

This is a wedding quilt I made. It is the Smokey River jelly roll pattern by Whirligig designs

https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/al...chmentid=93524
                            Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Working...
                            X