Using 30s fabric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using 30s fabric

Looking for ideas for quilt patterns using 30s fabric. I have enough 10” squares for four quilts.
    Thanks

Re: Using 30s fabric

One would be the beautiful Fan pattern. Another might be Grandmother's Flower Garden. Dresden Plate would be gorgeous in 30s fabrics.
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

Lots of Pinterest boards.
      Post under "Quilting Questions" to get more responses.
      Last edited by laura44; July 16th, 2018, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Dresden plate was the first to come to mind.

Comment

I used a bunch of 30s fabrics in a Pins and Paws quilt a while back, with white for the background. 12 blocks total, 3 x 4 layout. Came out really sweet-looking.

Whatever pattern you use will be lovely!

Anne

Comment

All the above suggestions came to mind. Please, please post pictures when you make your quilts!
            :icon_happy:

sigpic

Comment

30's fabric? Is it from the 30's or is it reproduction 30's. If it is authentically 30's then I would certainly be looking for traditional 30
              s patterns like the fan and the garden . 4 patch and 9 patch patterns are good too.

Comment

I always loved this one
                https://www.pleasantvalleycreations....-x24574648.htm
                🌺 Lorie

Comment

Thank you for the input. My 30s fabric is reproduction not original. I was thinking about using the nine patch hourglass pattern Jenny did a tutorial on recently. Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by gquilter5 View Post
                    Thank you for the input. My 30s fabric is reproduction not original. I was thinking about using the nine patch hourglass pattern Jenny did a tutorial on recently. Thoughts?
                    That's a nice one and would look good if you plan on adding a lot of white. If you don't want to chop your 30's into such small pieces I suggest you look at the Super Simple Hourglass. That turns out great, it is my number one pattern that I would make over and over again and it is really easy. Basically two 4-patch units sewed together on all 4 sides then cross cut diag two cuts like a big X.

Comment

I made this granny square w/ a layer cake, and had enough left to make a piano key boarder from 1 LC.
                      http://notesofsincerity.blogspot.com...block.html?m=1
                      It's really cute in 30's fabrics.

Comment

I'm making Sisters Choice blocks from a 30s reproduction jelly roll and I'm loving how it's turning out. Jenny did a tutorial - she called it Studio Star.

Comment

I did a 9 patch on point with Sue and Sam appliques in the border

Comment

Love it , but need to use the 10” blocks I already cut. Thinking maybe I could use one of the pinwheel or hourglass block patterns

Comment

Dresden plate, Falling Charms or Disappearing Nine Patch.

Comment

Working...
                              X