Jelly roll leftovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jelly roll leftovers

I just completed putting together a top for a jigsaw puzzle quilt. (A pattern I will not use again ) I purchased an Enchanted Metallic jellyroll and used most of it. However, I have a lot of 6 1/2 and 2 1/2 inch squares and rectangles left over. I did not make it as large as originally intended because I was just "done" with it! Any suggestions on how to use these pieces? They are too pretty to just stick in a box and ignore.
    Thanks

Re: Jelly roll leftovers

Is there enough for a border.....or add another fabric to do so....?
    💫 Star lover

Comment

Should you have at least 36 jelly roll strips that measures 2.5 X 6.5 inches? Sew 3 strips together to form a 6.5 X 6.5 fence rail block. Create 12 blocks to piece a 12 X 36 inch table runner......

Halona's quilt 2.jpg
      Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

Enough for some throw pillows or shams?
        No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
        Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by Star lover View Post
          Is there enough for a border.....or add another fabric to do so....?
          No, I have a black border for it, but thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by shermur View Post
            Should you have at least 36 jelly roll strips that measures 2.5 X 6.5 inches? Sew 3 strips together to form a 6.5 X 6.5 fence rail block. Create 12 blocks to piece a 12 X 36 inch table runner......

[ATTACH=CONFIG]152843[/ATTACH]
            Great idea and simple too. When I bought the jellyroll I bought two because I liked it so much and only used part of one strip from the second one. Might have enough for a full size quilt. Thanks so much

Comment

Depending on how many strips you have, you could make the friendship braid table runner, or hot pads.

Here are some I made from leftover strips. I used the binding tool.

image.jpg
              Attached Files

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Tote bags?
                Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
                ― Maya Angelou

Comment

I love using orphan jelly roll strips as binding pieces. I love scrappy bindings, using the strips of the colors in the quilt. Another strip idea is using the strips in 9 patches, to make Irish Chain quilts, or my favorite is to Make strip sets to go with a focus fabric. Cut the focus fabric into 6-1/2" squares, make strip sets with the jelly roll strips combined with white and cut these into 6-1/2" squares to make a simple quilt. IMG_0551.jpg

Comment

If you have enough pieces, you could sew them together end to end and use as your binding. Would match your quilt and use them up.

Comment

Make yourself a table runner. I had 2.5 x 4.5" strips & 2.5" sq. left over from another project & made this runner for my coffee table. The sashing & border are grunge fabric. Batiks Table Runner - May 2018 004.jpgBatiks Table Runner - May 2018 005.jpg

Comment

I save all my jellyroll leftovers. They are 2 1/2 inches wide so they make good little squares for center pieces....they make great scrappy bindings and they are terrific in a chaos quilt. I sort mine into color groupings and when I get a gallon baggie full, I am ready to create.
                        Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                        Terry

Comment

Originally posted by evy View Post
                          Great idea and simple too. When I bought the jellyroll I bought two because I liked it so much and only used part of one strip from the second one. Might have enough for a full size quilt. Thanks so much
                          That leaves enough for a Jelly Roll Race Quilt. You could do the Second to third version as well.
                          Quilters never die, they just go batts.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
                            I love using orphan jelly roll strips as binding pieces. I love scrappy bindings, using the strips of the colors in the quilt. Another strip idea is using the strips in 9 patches, to make Irish Chain quilts, or my favorite is to Make strip sets to go with a focus fabric. Cut the focus fabric into 6-1/2" squares, make strip sets with the jelly roll strips combined with white and cut these into 6-1/2" squares to make a simple quilt. [ATTACH=CONFIG]152847[/ATTACH]
                            Thank you Jean. You are full of good advice.

Comment

A simple block I like that uses squares and rectangles is the card trick. This is easier done using pieces rather than strip sets.

Since you asked, you're probably not ready to use them yet. Whatever you do be sure you have enough to complete it.

Question about your jigsaw puzzle quilt- Was it the way that the pattern was written, or something else that prompted the "a pattern I will not use again" comment? Did you do the square keys, or the round keys?
                              You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-

Comment

Working...
                              X