Looking for Some Suggestions ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for Some Suggestions ..

Can someone direct me to where I can find a pattern(s) for a 10.5 inch block? I'm only able to find 10 inch.
    This is going to be included in a block swap type event and they're asking for 10.5 inch.

Thanks!!

Re: Looking for Some Suggestions ..

Maybe here:

https://www.patchworksquare.com/inde...k1=60&link2=69

Comment

A 10" finished block would be 10.5" before the blocks are sewn together. Make sure you know what the finished size will be. If the finished size will be 10" then use a 10" block pattern, which has the seam allowances figured in.
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Very helpful Anita .. thanks so much!

Comment

Barb, this is helpful as well ... I'm still kinda new at this and mostly just follow patterns.
          Thanks for your help!

Comment

A 10.5 inch "finished" block would an oddity. It's normally the rough size, resulting in a 10" finish (1/4" SA). Most cutting instructions ask for the rough cut size.

But it depends on who is describing it too. I have always described using finished size, a necessity in machining and carpentry. When fabric became the medium for me this habit carried over, and since I use different sized seam allowances I still call out finished size, but most don't. When I talk to other quilters I have to emphasize this is finished size, and they on their own to add whatever based on their preferred SA size.
            You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-

Comment

As others said, I would go back and seek clarification. Ask if they are looking for a 10" finished size block (which would be a 10 1/2" block). You will find that a lot of patterns that say they are 10" blocks are actually 10 1/2" unfinished blocks.
              Debbie

Comment

Working...
              X