quilt pattern for lap quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quilt pattern for lap quilt

Hello, I am looking for a simple quilt pattern to do for a friend who will be going through chemo treatments. I would like it to be a lap quilt size. Just would like some ideas on a pattern as will for fabric choices that would be cheerful and fun.

Re: quilt pattern for lap quilt

In the recent tutorials, The Keyhole, Missouri Crossroads, Katie's Quilt, Double Slice- are all quick and easy.

Donna Jordan's Hip to be Square is another easy one.
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I am very fond of the disappearing 9-patch because they look good, you can use any type of fabrics (and the look changes with the fabrics you choose), it is VERY easy and fast to put together, and it's fun to make. I make them all the time when I need a quilt in a hurry.

20161004_143355smaller.jpg

IMAG1267.jpg

Sheep Farmer by day....sigpic....Quilter-in-Training by night
      The Farmmyfarm

Comment

I just made the double slice layer cake quilt for my daughter's friend who is going through Chemo treatments. It was fast to make. I made the quilt using cotton for the top and I backed it with flannel. I quilted it with NO batting. I looked up comfort quilts and learned that chemo patients at times can barely stand the weight of a heavier quilt and the suggestion was to just use flannel for the backing because it's warmer. I made mine 60 inches wide and 73 inches long, pretty close to the suggested size (mine actually is a bit wider than the suggested) and the length so they can tuck it under their feet.
        A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

Check my albums, there is a quilt there that is a perfect size. It is called the 5 yard quilt and uses 5 different fabrics at 1 yd each.
          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

How about simple 5" squares or brick pattern.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

I am making this out of a batik jelly roll. You don't need a pattern, it is just a 9-patch and you can make the squares any size to make any size quilt. Got the photo from Pinterest.

Comment

I recently made the charms on point quilt. However, I used the Moda pattern, not Jenny's. It was quick & easy. I added an extra row of charms across the top & bottom to make it rectangular.Charm Quilt on Point finished top - 5-2018 001.jpg

Comment

Thank you all for some great ideas. I will need to look at my assortment of fabric and see which one will work. If I don't forget I will post a picture.

Comment

Check the internet .
                    Search free quilt patterns.
                    Large patterns can easily be reduced to a lap quilt size.
                    Also search easy crib quilts, they can easily be enlarged.
                    Just change the fabrics from children to adult.

Comment

Yellow brick road is my go to!

Comment

Working...
                      X