fusible tape?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fusible tape?

Is there a double sided fusible tape somewhere? i have an opening in the panel quilt I"m working on and want to seal it shut, then slip stitch along the edge. i have batting tape but its only fusible on one side. I thought i had some other tape but evidently do not.

Re: fusible tape?

How about some glue? I am sure there is a fusible out there, don't know the name.

Comment

I thought about that. don't have any on hand. once tried tiny dots of glue on binding. went through the fabric too much. maybe it was just me!

Comment

Wonder Web, I have a package of it, but don't remember where I got it. Its about an inch wide. Used it for quick hem fixes
        TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

There is a light weight fusible tape. You can get in most fabric stores. I think it was originally sold for the non-sewers to tape up their hems instead of sewing. I have used it often when seams open up after washing. I slip a piece in and press. Then I do a fine stitch. Never comes undone.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Here ya go.

https://www.amazon.com/Pellon-Wonder-Fusible-8-In
            TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

also remembered I do have glue sticks. maybe i can get one in enough to use it. thanks all. will look for future use.

Comment

You can buy steam a seam tape in 1/4 or 1/2 inch width. Or if you had fusible web you could cut narrow stripa.
                Wendy
                http://www.pinterest.com/wlrich2/boards/

Comment

thanks again. will ck Walmart or online if they don't have any.

Comment

Dritz makes a double sided wash away tape

Comment

Steam-a-Seam 2 from Warm Co. is my favorite. It comes in 1/4" and 1/2. Be sure it's the "2" which is sewible without gumming up the needle. The backing paper is not as stiff or hard to remove as the Pellon tape.
                      You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-

Comment

Originally posted by auntstuff View Post
                        I tried this it didn't work hmm not sure why
                        sigpicHawaiigrammi

Comment

Have you had any luck getting your seam repaired?

Comment

waiting on tape orders now. I just want to seal the opening and then hand stitch the edges. Why I need tape, don't ask. don't know. just came into my head that it was a good idea. But it's taking awhile to get the tape.

Comment

Working...
                            X