I would like an opinion on binding fabric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like an opinion on binding fabric

I just got this back from the quilting lady and I am thrilled with the job she did. I still have to bind it but can't decide what to use. I have enough of the green, the border print and almost a complete jelly roll like I used for the log cabin strips. I can use either and I'm wondering how it would look if I pieced the JR strips together, randomly, to make the binding. An suggestions?20180302_071244[2862].jpg

Re: I would like an opinion on binding fabric

I've used scrap pieces of jelly rolls for binding but usually on a scrappy quilt. Personally, if this were mine, I'd bind it with the green. That is a gorgeous quilt.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Beautiful log cabin! I'm with Sandy...I vote for the green. I think it'll look nice against the lighter border. I love the binding in a contrast.....but that's me. No police here.....go with your gut. That will make you happy.
      💫 Star lover

Comment

I used pieced bindings so often, I love the look, especially if I have interesting fabrics or colors in the quilt. My daughter made a quilt with about 18 rainbow colors in it. I used as many of them as I could ( it was King size) to bind it. It turned out so pretty. I also think the style of the quilt ( formal vs. informal) dictates whether this kind of binding will work. For a more formal traditional quilt, I would use one color for the binding. More informal or "fun" quilt can be bound using the different fabric pieces. IMHO

Comment

I have used both in the past with good results, but for this particular quilt I would vote for the green. Just my opinion. You have done a great job on the quilt.

Comment

Thanks all. The green will probably win out!

Comment

Just curious, what color is the backing? Would that color work for your binding?

I'd probably go with the green.
              Katrina
              “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Gorgeous quilt by the way. You and your longarmer did a wonderful job.
                And I too would go with the green binding.

Comment

I vote for the green, too.
                  Silvia

Comment

Your quilt is gorgeous...quilting is awesome! I vote for the green binding.
                    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

Is that pink floral the outer border? That edge is sort of in the shadow. It also would be helpful to know what the backing fabric is.

Comment

I'm with everyone else, my first thought was green.

Comment

I think if you combine fabrics for the binding it might detract too much from the pattern, so I would also vote for green. It is a wonderful quilt and you did a great job! Sometimes it is so hard making these decisions!

Comment

Working...
                          X