Clear All

Re: Border help?

Would this border need to be quilted?

Comment

Yes, the border needs to be quilted.

Comment

Now I'm again at a loss. What kind of quilting would be border-friendly and possible by a beginner quilter? Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Once this creation is finished, I'll have to credit all of you, wonderful friends, and my generous sister!

Thanks very much!

Comment

by the way, i am in love with your quilt in your album with triangles. lovely, lovely quilt!!!

Comment

Hi nativetexan.

Thanks, I'll pass your compliment onto my sister. She's the quilt maker of that one.

Comment

Originally posted by SF Jen View Post
              Now I'm again at a loss. What kind of quilting would be border-friendly and possible by a beginner quilter? Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Once this creation is finished, I'll have to credit all of you, wonderful friends, and my generous sister!

Thanks very much!
              You could do a simple crosshatch.
              💫 Star lover

Comment

Hi Star lover, Could you fill me in.. what is a crosshatch? Straight line stitches for inner and outer limits of the black band? They cross in the middle, like an X? Thanks much!!!

Comment

Crosshatching is diagonal straight line stitching across 2 directions of the quilt. When I do crosshatching, I extend the lines into the border. A sample is this 9-P/Rail Fence baby quilt I made.Bo. Co. Fair - 9-P & Rail Fence - Aug. 2015 007.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by JCY View Post
                    Crosshatching is diagonal straight line stitching across 2 directions of the quilt. When I do crosshatching, I extend the lines into the border. A sample is this 9-P/Rail Fence baby quilt I made.[ATTACH=CONFIG]150432[/ATTACH]
                    Perfect....and with a picture....don't get any better. Thank you Joy!
                    💫 Star lover

Comment

Thanks Star lover and JCY!

That is a great solution. I'll give it a go... stitching from point-to-point in both directions.
                      Last edited by SF Jen; February 19, 2018, 03:38 PM.

Comment

What color do you want the quilt to be? Generally speaking, the color of your quilt is the color of your border!

Basically, the border color is what your eyes say the dominant color is of the quilt.

My 2 cents: I think a grey border would be nice -- at least 3 - 4" wide.
                        Blessings, DramaMama

"May your bobbin always be full!"

Massdrop Refer-A-Friend link: :icon_woohoo:
                        http://link.massdrop.com/54bd7c22291...of0ePjsfeAaf4b

Comment

Hi DramaMama,

Think a gray border would have been spectacular, but I have already added a black one. Believe me, I have plenty of 5 in squares left from my sisters stash. I'll try gray next time.

Comment

Working...
                          X