New baby quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New baby quilt

I just received this picture by text from my step-sister, another niece or nephew on the way.

I'm trying to find some fabrics (preferably a layer cake) that are gender neutral because it's going to be a surprise whether its a boy or a girl. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm thinking of Kashmir IV because she says she likes pastels. Any other ideas?
    Attached Files
    Quilting through the dull times
    northstarquilting.blogspot.com

Re: New baby quilt

I will tell you honestly...I have used that line for a baby quilt...and it is most certainly NOT gender neutral!! It is really girly even though it's pastels...it's mostly pinks and purples with a little green and blue thrown in there.

What about Wee Play....Love U...Whimsy.....
    Michele

Comment

I know they are not pastels, but I have fallen in love with the Animal Alphabet from Moda. Babies love bright colors and honestly, stains don't show up so bad on the brights.

Congrats on the new family member!
      Be who you are and say what you feel
      because those who mind don't matter,
      and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

I didn't really want to use pastels. I'd designed a quit around this fabrics which I thought was great and not too girly:

RK42M.JPG

but then she specifically requested pastels and it completely stumped me
        Quilting through the dull times
        northstarquilting.blogspot.com

Comment

That is so cute! what if you made it with pastel background and borders?
          Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
          hugs, Suzi
          http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
          it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

I love your owl fabric and I think that you could use mediums to coordinate with it and get a pastel look without actually using pastels...besides, psychologists have determined that young children respond better to brighter fabrics, so you could tell her that you were concerned about the baby's mental health.

Comment

Working...
            X