Uneven Quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uneven Quilt

I am making a quilt as you go T-shirt quilt. I have four 15inch blocks going across and 7 rows going down. It appears to be too long. Is there a way I can even the look up with border and if so, can width border be wider than top border to even the look out?

Re: Uneven Quilt

Sure, it is your quilt and you can make it any way you wish. No quilt police here.

Comment

Sure. I've done that with panels that tend to be rather narrow.

Comment

Do it however makes sense to you. You could take one row odd and put it on the side. You'd need to make two more blocks but they could just be plain blocks, maybe one of them a label and one a dedication block
        Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
        Terry

Comment

ABSOLUTELY!! Terry is right, make two more blocks that somehow coordinate in theme or color(even if they are solid color). If you have 4 across and 7 down, why not 5 across and 6 down ..now you would have 30 blocks instead of 28.
          A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

Additionally, you can use the extra blocks as corner stones in the border.
            Just love everyone. I'll sort them out later. -God

Comment

I had the same thing happen with a t-shirt quilt I made. I put a "photo negative"-type border on it, and it looked great!
              IMG_6647.JPG
              Tenacity: The quality or fact of being very determined; determination.

Comment

Originally posted by cindirae View Post
                I had the same thing happen with a t-shirt quilt I made. I put a "photo negative"-type border on it, and it looked great!
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]146752[/ATTACH]
                That's an excellent idea! And you are right, it does look great!
                Vonnie

Comment

Working...
                X