BROWN SPOTS ON WACKY WEB BLOCKS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BROWN SPOTS ON WACKY WEB BLOCKS

I decided to play and make a few of the Wacky Web blocks from Jenny's new tutorial, which I love. I used the Lapel Stick to anchor the white center piece of the block and the foundation papers from MSQC exactly like Jenny did. The lapel stick is leaving yellowish-brown spots on the back of the white piece. I'm pressing with a dry iron on a medium setting.

Although the spots are not showing through on the front of the part portions (Kona cotton) yet, I'm not using any more of the Lapel Stick for this project. You never know if these spots will work their way through to the front. Better to be safe than sorry!

Hugs, Barb
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Re: BROWN SPOTS ON WACKY WEB BLOCKS

oh good - its not just me! LOL i had the same thing happen when i used the lapel stick on another project.....
    Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
    hugs, Suzi
    http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
    it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

Suzi...Did your spots come through to the front side of your fabric? If so, were you able to remove them? I love the Lapel Stick for other purposes, but I don't think it's good to use with the amount of heat generated by an iron. Barb

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I have some quilt spray that I sometimes use to keep a piece of fabric in place. Works pretty well for me. I too was worried about the lapel stick.
        TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Comment

I had good luck with just a plain old Elmer's washable glue stick I swiped from my kindergardener.
          Be who you are and say what you feel
          because those who mind don't matter,
          and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Wow---I will have to keep this in mind. I have yet to use mine.
            I am such a material girl!!!!!:icon_wave: Nena

Comment

Don't let this discourage you from trying the Wacky Web...it's really fun to make! I'm just pinning the white center section in place and it's working perfectly without using anything to stick it down...SOMETIMES the old way is the best way!

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I was weary (sp) of using the glue with my oliso iron as it is powerful, so I just used a pin. I sewed one strip on each side so that i didn't have to keep the pin in but then just worked on one side at a time. Still have a lot more to do- having fun though - especially since I used the bonus points that I won to buy the kit.

My hubby says that he truly believes that I am in the Cult of Jenny! I say - Do Not Rescue Me!

Comment

That's so odd! WE haven't had an issue with it at all!! Thanks for the info though,we will try to see if we can figure anything out!

Comment

Working...
                  X