Problems with Hoffman Crystal Blue pre cut kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with Hoffman Crystal Blue pre cut kit

I started assembling a Hoffman pre cut kit I purchased on line. It is seriously messed up. When I did a search on line I found numerous reviews of the pieces being cut wrong and the assembly instructions have been updated at least twice. I emailed Hoffman with an "inquiry" form on the Crystal Blue kit.

This has never happened to me before. How long is reasonable to wait to get a response? Is email the right way to go? A phone call? Should I try Facebook?
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Re: Problems with Hoffman Crystal Blue pre cut kit

If there is a phone number, I would call.

Comment

I can't answer for Hoffman, but Timeless Treasures on their contact form returned my email in one day.
      Katrina
      From NC, retired in FL
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I heard back from Hoffman Fabrics via Facebook and they admitted that a "few" of the early run kits had been miss-cut. They said it was up to me to figure out which pieces had been miss cut, and they would replace them. I queried how I was supposed to identify which of the 200 parts had been miss cut when I had no pattern and no templates. It was advertised as precision cut and all I had to do was match the notches together and sew. I have an assembly guide, but no pattern and no templates. I haven't heard back from Hoffman yet on how I am am supposed to figure out which pieces the laser guided computer cut wrong.

I contacted the quilt shop where I purchased the Hoffman Crystal pre cut kit on line and they were wonderful. She not only immediately refunded my purchase price but offered to refund my shipping the kit back to Hoffman Fabrics if necessary. Customer Service from Halfmoon Handwerks where I purchased the kit A+.

If you have a Hoffman Crystal Blue or a Hoffman Crystal Clear kit you may have a miss cut kit from an early run. Check before you sew.

https://shop.americanquilter.com/rev...2/category/72/

On the Crystal Blue kit pull pieces C8, C9, and C10. Line up the notches as indicated. If you have two inches of C9 hanging off in empty space on one end you have the miss cut kit. There are other errors that can not be compensated for. This is the most obvious error you can easily check to see if you got one of the bad kits.
        Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

What a great customer service respinse from the quilt shop. Obviously not one from Hoffman Fabrics. Sorry you were not able to do the kit. Such a pretty pattern.
          Karen
          Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

How great they refunded as they should have. Hoffman should not have left that to your lqs
            success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
            Terry of NC

Comment

Well, how disappointing about Hoffman Fabrics - they knew there was an issue; they should have stepped up and just replaced the whole kit for you. That's great that your LQS did, but I think I would call back to HF and let them know that you are very disappointed with their lack of customer service and that you expect more from them. Geez! Hello?!?! No customer service - their not the only fabric company out there . . .
              Roseanne
              www.homesewnbyus.com
              www.facebook.com/homesewnbyus

Comment

I have been working on the precut crystal blue quilt and now cannot attach" h" to other sections. How do I contact conpany?

Comment

I am working on my 2nd Crystal Blue quilt. The first is unfinished because I thought I made a mistake. The H section does not fit. I was meticulous with my 2nd attempt. I purchase additional background fabric with my 2nd one (to try and fix the 1st one). I am heartbroken and will contact the store tomorrow. Sadly I also have the Crystal Prism Quilt Kit also. Scared to even start it.

Comment

Wow! That is pretty terrible of Hoffman, but having not heard or seen the quilt before I looked it up, it is beautiful but youtube video they did on it was about as terrible as your customer service story by them... "instructor" made a huge production over how they were laser cut to very very precise measurements, make sure you are sewing at ONE QUARTER OF AN INCH!!! So so super precise that you will just have an unfixable mess on your hands if it is NOT 1/4" seam allowance!!! And then proceeded to show how despite her KNOWING her machine was sewing at an oh so precise quarter inch, yeah your seams might not always line up precisely thats just how the pattern is cut and don't worry about it so long as the wobble is less than 1/4".

I'm not normally a quilt kit purchaser, but should the fancy ever strike me glad to know Hoffman will not be the one tickling that fancy... Accuquilt videos on their blocks make the same speech about being a precise 1/4" but at least when they then demonstrate it their blocks come out perfectly square with no need to trim, and their curves come out laying flat as they should and lined up how they should be. I just can't imagine making such a fuss about how precise the one sewing needs be because their pieces are laser cut buttttttt clearly not with the "precision" it professes to have.

Comment

Thanks for the warning! I will not be purchasing Hoffman kits. They should replace the faulty kit immediately!

Comment

Working...
                      X