chenille

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chenille

I am making a quilt using chenille and brushed cotton. Each strip is comprised of alternating squares - chenille square sewed to a cotton square. The next step is to sew the strips to each other and the chenille will be sewn again to the cotton. My question is about pressing. How should I set the seams before sewinf the strips together- toward the chenille or towards the cotton? Or should I press them open? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!!!

Re: chenille

Originally posted by Rogo44 View Post
    I am making a quilt using chenille and brushed cotton. Each strip is comprised of alternating squares - chenille square sewed to a cotton square. The next step is to sew the strips to each other and the chenille will be sewn again to the cotton. My question is about pressing. How should I set the seams before sewinf the strips together- toward the chenille or towards the cotton? Or should I press them open? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!!!
    I'd press them to the cotton because pressing them to the chenille would only add to the bulk, which will make it more difficult when sewing the crossing seams. if your cotton is so light that you'll see the seam allowance and you don't like it, then press to the other side but be ready for the extra bulk at the seam lines.

Comment

Working...
    X