Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OH No more math

Ladies,
    If I have 60 charms ( Grump Cat) how big a throw can I make? Would like to do something Grumpy Cat for DH's BD end of February. Was thinking a DP 4 or 9 patch. Have never made this pattern before,but don't think it would be too hard. Thanks in advance for your advice. Kathy
    All quilts cat tested and approved.
    sigpic

Re: OH No more math

I think a DP 9 patch would be fun. If you use your prints for the 4 corners, accent color for the center, and neutral/background for the other 4, it will emphasize your fun fabric!

Comment

Originally posted by songbird857 View Post
      I think a DP 9 patch would be fun. If you use your prints for the 4 corners, accent color for the center, and neutral/background for the other 4, it will emphasize your fun fabric!
      That's exactly how I imagined the throw also. But I need to know how to figure how big a throw I can make,so I will have enough fabric. So that's were I need the help Thanks again Kathy
      sigpic

Comment

Sounds cute! Two charm packs (84 squares) will make a quilt size like this. My daughters first quilt.

P1016876.JPG

You will need some more fabric.I have matched up fabrics with charms at the fabric store. You can't even tell they don't come from the same line.
        Hulamoon
        Last edited by Hulamoon; January 26, 2017, 10:08 AM.
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

Since you only have 60 charm squares, if you use 4 in each DP9 block (as Songbird suggested), then you will end up with 15 blocks, each block being approx 12" square.

So if you use all 15 blocks (3 blocks wide x 5 long) you'll end up with a quilt approx 34 x 57 (before border).

Comment

I recently did a 12 block DP9. I used 4 white charms [per block x12 blocks = 48], a contrast in the middle [x12], and a charm pack [42] plus 6 more charms to match, and got 39x52 before the border was added. The blocks turn out to be 13" finished

Disappearing 9 Patch
            PrettyCurious
            Last edited by PrettyCurious; January 26, 2017, 04:20 PM.
            Pieced By Me! :icon_wave:

Pre-cut Yardage Chart

Comment

Thank you all for your help. Sorry I didn't get your explanation Songbird. Thanks to Caroline T for further explanation. It was kind of a DUH day. BTW Hulamoon I like your DD quilt. Thanks again. Kathy
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X