Double Wedding Ring Quilt Along?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double Wedding Ring Quilt Along?

So the little quilting bee that I'm in has decided to tackle the DWR. We talked today about the various patterns and templates around and the variations in the rings. Gosh there are so many choices! As I'm researching this pattern and what I'd like to do, I wondered if anyone has ever done a quilt along for this pattern? Breaking down the directions into weekly/monthly segments would make this a lot easier, especially if you were in a group with others doing the same steps. I know the DWR is probably one of the most asked for patterns here at MSQC.

Has anyone seen a quilt along for the DWR?

Re: Double Wedding Ring Quilt Along?

I haven't but wish you best of luck and have fun.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

no I have not but I always wanted to make one and hope to some day. It will be wonderful to do it with your group. Post pictures of your progress.

Comment

Good luck! Wish I could join your quilting bee, I would love to do a DWR.

Comment

I have an old quilting book...no pictures...lots of good info. It has drawings of the pieces for each quilt that you can trace and put on your own cardboard template. It says the Double wedding ring is the most popular because it uses up all the small scraps quilters accumulate. I was always a little intimidated until reading that, so I cut out the pieces and began. It really was quite easy and it did use up a lot of scraps. I maybe should make another one with all those little pieces I am accumulating. hummm....one of these days.
          success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
          Terry of NC

Comment

Originally posted by grammaterry View Post
            I have an old quilting book...no pictures...lots of good info. It has drawings of the pieces for each quilt that you can trace and put on your own cardboard template. It says the Double wedding ring is the most popular because it uses up all the small scraps quilters accumulate. I was always a little intimidated until reading that, so I cut out the pieces and began. It really was quite easy and it did use up a lot of scraps. I maybe should make another one with all those little pieces I am accumulating. hummm....one of these days.
            Terry, Picture, please, if you have one. I have intended to do a DWR since before my Grandson and his wife got married 8 months ago. I have many patterns, some fabric, and haven't done it. Would love to see the one you did.
            A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

Eleanor Burns has what looks to be a fairly simple technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50cNefBUD5Y
              Michele
              ~The Commonwealth of Massachusetts~

Comment

DWR has always been on my list. Can't wait to see/hear about your adventure, Carol. Have fun with it.
                Cindy

Comment

I'm new to these forums but not to quilting.I'm currently working on a DWR. When finished it will be king size. for now though I am making 4 sections, sewing them together on the machine and hand quilting them. This will be a project that takes several years I think.

Comment

Working...
                  X