Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What color thread?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]139379[/ATTACH

I finally "got brave" and made a quilt from my daughter's t-shirts. She wasn't a big t-shirt wearer so I had few to choose from. She was killed in a car accident in 2011 at 17 and I just now decided I could do this. Now I am stumped with what color thread to have it quilted with. Orange was her favorite color so I did a solid orange on the back. I was thinking of a simple meander for the quilting. Thanks for any and all help.
    Attached Files

Re: What color thread?

I'm so sorry for your loss and hope this quilt helps you remember some happier times.

For a simple meander stitch I would pick a blue that matches the background color of the Peace and Love shirt.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

KelNC, this touched my heart! IMO, if your daughter's favorite color is orange, that just might be what you should choose. It would mean so much to YOU. And the all over meander quilting: right on!!!
      A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

I can't imagine how you got thru this project. My heart just reaches out to you for your loss. But I do think I would go with the orange. Perhaps a shade darker or lighter than the backing.
        Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
        Terry

Comment

That was so brave cutting her shirts. But what a beautiful quilt u have made ! Sending lots of hugs!

Comment

I too can't imagine even getting started. (((hugs))) My oldest daughter's fav color is orange too. I think that would be nice. Or a variegated thread that has orange in it.
            🌺 Lorie

Comment

Thank you, ladies. I think I am going to go with an orange and a meander. I appreciate the input.

Comment

Originally posted by cv quilter View Post
                KelNC, this touched my heart! IMO, if your daughter's favorite color is orange, that just might be what you should choose. It would mean so much to YOU. And the all over meander quilting: right on!!!
                I agree use the orange thread, beautiful remembrance quilt.

Comment

I will be sure to post an update after it is all quilted. I sent it to M* bc I trust they will do an amazing job!

Comment

Working...
                  X