Double C FMQ.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double C FMQ.

I have been FMQ on Janome 1160 p with a frame for over 12 months,cannot seem to get past stippling and meandering, going to lash out and have a go at the double c which I have seen on utube. She drew firstly on paper which I have been trying to follow but she is a tad quick for me,so my drawings look like a train wreck. Have been looking for downloadable of this pattern or similar, any one seen it.

Re: Double C FMQ.

I think it explains it in the Dot to Dot quilting book. That might not be the exact name, but it's close.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I found this video that might help - she is doing it on a domestic but explains it prior to stitching it out. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hV3nFbeaHNU
      Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

Also found this image that does it by making 3s
        f4d7d6b6f37ebbc9fb851326b774fc66.jpg

Hope one of these helps. I am in the same boat, but so far can only do loopy hearts.
        Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

It really helps to practice your FMQ designs on a white board to help build that muscle memory. Besides all the great videos on YT, there also are a lot of very helpful books out there that demo quilting patterns. I've used Angela Walters' designs frequently. It definitely takes practice. Don't get discouraged. Keep practicing. You might find the paisley echo an easier pattern than the C's.

Comment

Angela Huffman has some excellent videos:
            http://www.quiltedjoy.com/quilting-videos

Is this the video you were talking about?
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV3nFbeaHNU
            Vonnie

Comment

Thats the utube I have been following,just wish I could print it out,I keep replaying it over and over,drawing drawing.

Comment

I've watched that video several times since I found it a couple of months ago and just can't get the hang of it either! I try drawing it out on paper and it gets out of hand quickly. I'm very happy with my simple meander FMQ, it gets the job done and doesn't stress me out. Except when the thread keeps shredding which is a completely different issue (think I narrowed it down to the needle.)

Comment

Oleg, what size needle are you using for your FMQ? Are you sewing on a DSM? A Topstitch 90/14 quilting needle works best for FMQ. It has a larger eye, so the thread can move through it more easily. I've had better luck if I use the same type of thread in the bobbin as on the top.

Comment

I have done the double C, it turns out really nice. You might make up 12x12 practice pieces & see what she ou think. I know if I look too closely at my work as I am doing it I see all the mistakes, once I am done it is more difficult to find them & almost impossible after washing.

Comment

Bit hard using that small size on a frame,I have just put a practice quilt on the frame, getting ready to start.

Comment

Sorry I was thinking of myself on my regular machine.

Comment

I actually like this better, and looks easier to do.
                          Originally posted by ilive2craft2 View Post
                          Also found this image that does it by making 3s
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]139296[/ATTACH]

Hope one of these helps. I am in the same boat, but so far can only do loopy hearts.
                          Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                          sigpic

Comment

A lot of designs can be done on both a domestic machine and a long arm. I use a lot of Lori Kennedy designs. She and Angela Walters have a lot of designs that I love to browse through.

http://theinboxjaunt.com/quilt/free-...ing-tutorials/
                            http://www.quiltingismytherapy.com/h...deo-tutorials/
                            Vonnie

Comment

Working...
                            X