• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MaryUK
    Missouri Star
    • Feb 2016

Tumbler quilt

I don't have a tumbler template but wondered if it is possible to use a 60 degree template instead? I would assume I wouldn't cut down to the point but cut down part way, if you know what I mean.
  • Hulamoon
    Missouri Star
    • Jul 2012

Re: Tumbler quilt

I made a template from a charm pack card board. Then you can make any angle you like!

tumbler.jpg
    Last edited by Hulamoon; January 15, 2017, 12:23 PM.
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

• songbird857
      Missouri Star
      • Jan 2014

I made a mini tumbler quilt without a template. I actually used a pack of candies (2 1/2" charms), and just figured how much to trim off! You could start with squares (whatever size you wish), and play around with sizes till you get what you want. The tumbler is not a 60 degree angle. There are printables available to help you figure out a good size!
      https://www.pinterest.com/search/pin...yped&term_meta[]=quilting%7Ctyped&term_meta[]=tumbler%7Ctyped&term_meta[]=template%7Ctyped

Comment

• Oleg
        Applique Angel
        • Jun 2013

The Gourmet Quilter on YouTube made her tumblers (on charms) by going in one inch on each end. So that would make 3" on one end and 5" on the other, sides automatically cut at the correct angle. She just used the lines on her mat as a guide.

Comment

• Hulamoon
          Missouri Star
          • Jul 2012

You can use a Dresden to make a tumbler if you have one.
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

• MaryUK
            Missouri Star
            • Feb 2016

Thanks for the info. I do have a Dresden but it's only a 8" so would only make small umblers. I have visited Gourmet Quilter tut so will try that. Have decided to tidy my room before starting anything else - boring but necessary.

Comment

Working...
            X