Opinions wanted....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions wanted....

Okay, so I was messing around with some grey scale fat quarters and made a table runner.... I already quilted around each 'cube' section, to draw out the illusion.
    My question is, should I add some quilting on the face of each block? I would use matching thread for each color. I was thinking echo quilting, or perhaps even some pebbles or squiggles to give it texture... BUT, I don't know if that would take away from the pretty marble effect that the fabric already has!!
    Opinions are welcome - I'm done sewing for today, so no rush Thanks for taking the time to look.
    20170110_171352_resized_2.jpg20170110_171604_resized_1.jpg

Re: Opinions wanted....

I have no idea, but that is really cool!
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

Wow, songbird Escher! Very impressed! I think I like it without quilting because it is so 'escher-ist'. I love it!
      Cindy

Comment

I really like it as is! You did a great job! I love the 3D effect and it changes sometimes I see them as blocks stacked up sometimes I see a cut away with a hoe in the center of the bock. Does that make sense? Fantastic job!
        sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
        Time spent with cats is never wasted.
        Sigmund Freud

Comment

I think quilting on the face of the blocks would only add to it. Would be very cool.

I recently got the Rombus ruler when it was free, we have a new baby coming in the family and I want to make a "tumbling blocks" quilt.

Comment

Originally posted by seaturtle View Post
            Wow, songbird Escher! Very impressed! I think I like it without quilting because it is so 'escher-ist'. I love it!
            When I was a teen, a friend and I went to visit her brother in San Fransisco (first time on a plane) and we went to his museum. Awesome!
            🌺 Lorie

Comment

Thanks guys I'm going to think about it and decide what to do.
              Gloria, I didn't use the rhombus template!! (although I also got it when it was free ) Remember the triangle swirl (frenzy??) table toppers and runners? Same idea, with just two strips in the triangles. (I used 2 1/2" strips, but any size would work) You just take your colors (Light, Medium, Dark) and pair them in sets of two strips: M/D, M/L, D/L, then cut your 60 degree triangles out of those! No Y seams. If you look at the close up shot, you can see the triangles that make up each block, but when assembling it, you do it in diagonal rows, so everything is straight (I used labels to keep track!!).
              Last edited by songbird857; January 10, 2017, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
                When I was a teen, a friend and I went to visit her brother in San Fransisco (first time on a plane) and we went to his museum. Awesome!
                I would love to visit his museum. I love all his work. This is what songbirds's runner reminds me of
                http://www.mcescher.com/gallery/swit...tamorphosis-i/
                Cindy

Comment

I think if I added texture I would choose one "face" and keep to it, meaning texture all the light color and leave the others. Just choose one, light, dark or medium. It looks very cool
                  K is for Karen 😊​..................
                  Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                  T - is it TRUE?
                  H - is it HELPFUL?
                  I - is it INSPIRING?
                  N - is it NECESSARY?
                  K - is it KIND?

Comment

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
                    I think if I added texture I would choose one "face" and keep to it, meaning texture all the light color and leave the others. Just choose one, light, dark or medium. It looks very cool
                    Very good idea!!

Comment

Well, an absolutely stunning piece of work. Very artsy.
                      Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                      Terry

Comment

I think narrow straight line quilting in rows on the white blocks, and going in the direction the block is facing, would look very cool plus be fun to do. This is a very clever and creative table runner, I like it a lot!

Comment

I love it without! Beautiful job

Comment

do it! and do more than echoing... the added complexity in the fmq will add to the nature of the labryinth
                            Blessings, DramaMama

"May your bobbin always be full!"

Massdrop Refer-A-Friend link: :icon_woohoo:
                            http://link.massdrop.com/54bd7c22291...of0ePjsfeAaf4b

Comment

What a great looking runner! I would leave it as it is, clean and simple.
                              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Working...
                              X