New member needing fabric choice assistance please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member needing fabric choice assistance please

Hi! I just watched Jenny's Checkered Lattice tutorial and would like to use the fabric in the Mariposa Meadows collection. The fabrics are just gorgeous! I have no idea what color to use for the two-colored lattice, though. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you.

Re: New member needing fabric choice assistance please

Beautiful fabric collection.

Personally I would have a difficult time choosing a coordinating fabric on-line when it comes to batiks. With that said, I would probably end up ordering the pre-cuts, and when it arrived, then head over to my local quilt shop (with batiks in hand) to pick the lattice fabric. I'm leaning towards the aqua myself, but would want to see it side by side. And of course there always is the go to colors of black or white.

Comment

The lattice really does look nice with black and white
      Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
      Terry

Comment

That is a gorgeous line of fabric. I would use a shade of light purple I think. But take your fabric to a shop instead of looking online. There are so many purples, and some have reddish or bluish undertones so it would be hard to tell online what would go well with them. Have fun putting this quilt together!

Comment

I don't think I'd like either black or white for the lattice with those batiks. Gray might be a possibility, but I think I'd like either aqua or lavender -- something that matches your fabrics.

Comment

Jenny uses the same fabric in her butterfly blossoms quilt tutorial, dated August 26, 2016. She uses white as a contrast color and it looks nice. Not sure what the other could be . . . But the tut might give you some ideas. Good luck!
            💫 Star lover

Comment

What a gorgeous line of fabric! Your quilt will be beautiful whatever you choose.

Comment

Working...
              X