Anyone Here Use Glide Quilting Thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Here Use Glide Quilting Thread?

As some of you know, I've been taking Amy Johnson's classes on Craftsy on Quilting with Rulers on a DSM or Table LA. I watched one of her videos on YouTube which showed her quilting a sampler with a light blue thread that has a pretty sheen to it. I asked her about thread. She uses a trilobal polyester embroidery thread and Glide. So I did an internet search for sources of Glide thread. I selected Kingsmen Quilting Supply, Inc. where I was able to buy large cones for only $7.40 each. (Most places it's $9.95 or more.) I ordered 6 different colors plus a color card. I'm just wondering if anyone here uses Glide? I know Karen McTavish (McTavishing quilting) uses Glide. I have quite a bit of Superior's King Tut and Signature single color 40 wt. threads on hand, but I've been wanting to try to Glide. Supposedly there is less lint & breakage with this thread.

I'm still waiting for my order of curved rulers to come--hopefully this week. Then I will do more practicing with the rulers.

Re: Anyone Here Use Glide Quilting Thread?

It's pretty much all I use now. Absolutely LOVE it! Never have breaks and barely any lint. Less expensive than others, and TONS of colors. You won't be sorry!
    Tenacity: The quality or fact of being very determined; determination.

Comment

I've never used it. However a close friend who owns a quilting store and has five long arms in operation most of the time relies totally on Glide.
      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I love Glide and use it exclusively for quilting. The one issue I have is that neither my Pfaff sewing machine nor my Tiara II like it in the bobbin. It is too slippery and gets wound around the post. Now I buy a Mettler poly thread that closely matches the color of the Glide for the bobbin. But I do love the way it looks on the quilt top. Appears thicker even though it is 40 wt. Has anyone else experienced the same problem with the bobbin?
        Ann

Comment

LOVE Glide and their magna-bobbins! I order directly from FilTec, the manufacturer.

Comment

My order of Glide thread came this week. Very prompt service from Kingsmen. Package was sent priority. I love the color chart! Sooooo many gorgeous colors! I made a FQ sandwich of white fabric & tried out the lavender thread this afternoon. Had a frustrating start with some breakage, but I think it's going to be ok. I had to really adjust the tension. (I've been using 40 wt. cotton thread.) I also changed the needle. I love the sheen to the thread.

Comment

Working...
            X