Stabiliser question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stabiliser question

I want to try some applique on cushion covers and wondered if stabiliser is the same as interfacing used in garment making. Can anyone help me with this please?

Re: Stabiliser question

I had to google it to find out. https://www.nationalsewingcircle.com...nd-stabilizer/

There is a difference.

Comment

No, stabilizer is not the same as interfacing used in garment making. Stabilizer is different and shouldn't be interchanged with interfacing.
      Patrice S

Comment

I use tear-away stabilizer for my embroidery machine. It is almost paper-like and provides a stiff foundation for the stitching in the hoop. I usually use a double layer to avoid wrinkles. Interfacing is more like fabric and would not provide the correct support.

Comment

So, you're talking applique and not embroidery. I like to use paper backed fusible. You can buy it at Joann's. I have not had problems with Heat n Bond lite and some like Misty Fuse. I like machine raw edge applique. I seldom do a tight satin stitch but do like a looser zigzag where the thread is almost touching. Also the blanket stitch is nice. You can experiment on some scrap fabric and see which you like best.
          Vonnie

Comment

Working...
          X