What difference Digitally Prin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What difference Digitally Prin

I was looking at fabric and noticed some is Listed as Digitally Printed. I though almost all fabric was printed little is woven these days. What is the difference? Is it good for quilting?
    Thanks in advance.

Re: What difference Digitally Prin

I had to go look that up! Here is a great article on the pros and cons. Spoonflower makes digital fabric. I bought some for one of my dd's and I don't think she ever used it. She got out of roller durby. lol

http://www.sewmamasew.com/2015/07/di...nt-fabric-now/
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

It is the same fabric as other quilting fabric. If you look at my avatar, that is a digital print. I can't bring myself to cut it! The colors are very vibrant!
      pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

The biggest difference is the price is way higher for digitally printed fabric, saw this at Road to California show, picked it up but didn't realize how expensive it was so put it back on the shelf. I believe it was $14.99 a yard. Ouch! and that was a year ago.

Comment

Originally posted by surfergirl View Post
          The biggest difference is the price is way higher for digitally printed fabric, saw this at Road to California show, picked it up but didn't realize how expensive it was so put it back on the shelf. I believe it was $14.99 a yard. Ouch! and that was a year ago.
          I failed to look at the price when I fell in lust with mine. Was not till she had cut it and rung it up before I realized how expensive it was!
          pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
            I had to go look that up! Here is a great article on the pros and cons. Spoonflower makes digital fabric. I bought some for one of my dd's and I don't think she ever used it. She got out of roller durby. lol

http://www.sewmamasew.com/2015/07/di...nt-fabric-now/
            Thank you for the direction to the article. It was very informative and answered all my questions. I just went and rechecked the price on the fabric and wow. 18.95 a yard. For me I don't think so. LOL I had been to spoon flower so I knew theirs was high.
            But I thought for bigger manufactures it wouldn't been so expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by bubba View Post
              I failed to look at the price when I fell in lust with mine. Was not till she had cut it and rung it up before I realized how expensive it was!

Your fabric is beautiful... Lol maybe you should frame it and just enjoy.

Comment

Working...
              X