Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some help with my stitching

Hi,

I've been stitching together my layers cake pieces to make the snowball 4 patch quilt and for some reason today the seams are puckering.

I've checked the stitches after and they are both fine (the bobbin and thread). When I press the seam it than lays flat.

But why am I all of sudden having this problem? Any solutions would be greatly appreciated.
    Have a blessed day
    Pam[/I]
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Re: Need some help with my stitching

I'm not sure what you are saying. Is the fabric bunching up when you are stitching it (as under the foot) and then fine when you are done?
    Patrice S

Comment

Did you change your needle?
      Rescued is my favorite breed.

Comment

I did not too long ago I have not stitch too much on this particular needle perhaps I should change it again what do you think?
        Have a blessed day
        Pam[/I]
        [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Comment

Should I make the pressure foot maybe a little tighter a little looser would that have anything to do with it?
          Have a blessed day
          Pam[/I]
          [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Comment

When is the last time you de-linted under your bobbin case? Lint can create just enough drag to cause this.

Comment

It has something to do with your tension. Clean your machine, oil if it's time. Rethread and I'd change the needle as well. Also, take the bobbin out and then replace.
              pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

This is what I would do first if garment sewing. Lay out your puckered piece flat on your cutting mat and try to very carefully clip 2-3 adjacent stitches. Now look to see if the puckering in the clipped area has relaxed or if it is still there. If relaxed, it's probably tension or lint build up in the bobbin. If it's still there, the fibers are being displaced. Check your thread weight and use a finer thread if possible. Also go to a finer needle - are you using 80/12? Also, what type of needle? One that has a longer distance from the eye to the point will pierce the fabric better, for example, a topstitch needle. Hope this helps.

Comment

I would do the whole thing. Clean the bobbin area, oil, take the bobbin out and put it back in making sure you did it correctly, clean under the throat plate and around the feed dogs, rethread the machine and try again. Also, make sure all your tension and other settings are correct.
                  Patrice S

Comment

What type of machine do you have?
                    Vonnie

Comment

Someone on here provided a link to an article about fabric puckering when sewn. It was great, and helped when I first got my s 16. Now of course I can't remember which member posted the link. Will the helpful person please stand up?
                      Or maybe I can find the thread about it.....Be back soon.

Comment

Darn it, I can't find the thread about seams puckering. But I think I remember that adjusting the tension helped.
                        Also, did you change the type or weight of thread you are using? Sometimes that can mess the tension up.
                        Hope you figure out the issue!

Comment

Working...
                        X