Need ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need ideas

Starting in kindergarten thru the 5th grade DD has been buying quilt squares with my DG art work printed on them. She is now in the 4th so we have one more year to go. I think I am going to end up with 50 plus. They are approximately 8x10. I think I may end up with two quilts .

I am scared to death I will mess this up. I don't know what to use as a border around them print or solid maybe a batik. Is that how you would connect them? I also wonder how would you quilt them when you do have them together. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_2095[1].JPG
    Last edited by TMP; December 8, 2016, 12:10 AM.

Re: Need ideas

Wouldn't do batik -- too fragile; maybe a tonal neutral or a tonal color that compliments all the art blocks.
    Blessings, DramaMama

"May your bobbin always be full!"

Massdrop Refer-A-Friend link: :icon_woohoo:
    http://link.massdrop.com/54bd7c22291...of0ePjsfeAaf4b

Comment

What a wonderful thing!! My first thoughts are: absolutely use a solid neutral to frame them, You don't want anything to detract from the artwork. A shadow box effect would look great too. If possible put the year and or age of the art somewhere, either on the frame or line them up in the quilt according to age/year. If you have too many, a quick idea would be to take a favorite from each year and do a wall hanging. Kinda treat it like a t-shirt quilt as far as quilting. Stay off the artwork.
      Just my first thoughts/ideas. You will get many more. Have a fun time with this project, it sounds wonderful.

Comment

If they are all the same size I would watch Jenny's tutorial called Friendship Star Sashing. I would use a medium gray for sashings so they don't detract from the art. Here's the tutorial, which is so good for putting together miscellaneous blocks.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrUO...VFDHmDXqCIzuAw
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Working...
        X