Need some guidance and suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some guidance and suggestions

I have an odd shaped counter in my kitchen and I normally host Thanksgiving for my family. I've tried many different ways of dressing the counter- table cloths, towels, etc, but I've decided I should now be able to create something "custom" to fit the shape; something along the lines of an overgrown table runner/hot pad.

I know I will need to stay away from polyester as there's a chance that a hot plate or pan will be setting on it and I don't want it to melt. It's a granite counter so I don't have to worry about ruining any laminate. I've seen a metallic looking stiff silver thin fabric of sorts and thought i might be able to use that to displace the heat. Problem is- I have no idea where I saw it or what it's even called, or if it's even a machine washable product. (I'm assuming anything I put near food will need to be washable!)

So, before I spend hours and hours with Google, I'm soliciting advice from the pros!

Re: Need some guidance and suggestions

Insul-bright is good for what you are wanting. It is sold in a package or by the yard. I know Joann's sells by the yard and it is located with what they call "utility fabrics." If you use quilting cotton for your runner, you sandwich a layer of insul-bright and a layer of cotton batting (to help absorb sweat from hot dishes) between your two layers of cotton fabric.
    K is for Karen 😊​..................
    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Comment

Also, do a search for "quilted iron quick fabric". Nancy's Notions has it.

Comment

A M A Z I N G! You rock! Just what I was looking for.

Now, on to make a template of the correct shape and do some figuring on what pattern I want to use.

Thank you so much! :-)

Comment

Working...
        X