• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jjkaiser
    replied
    Re: Fleece blanket

Originally posted by mischiefkat View Post
    I haven't completely decided yet. Think I'm going to look for a tute that shows how to apply satin blanket binding. I have 2 different colors in my stash that would go nicely with the fleece. If I can't manage that then I will sew together and turn right side out. My machine has a lot of decorative stitches that would work. That's the next project after I finish the 21 microwave bowls I've made. Almost done with them. Thanks for your suggestions Kathy
    21 microwave bowls? Are you serious?!!

Leave a comment:

• cashs mom
    replied

I have some fleece blankets my friend embroidered for my dogs. She used a blanket stitch from her machine around the edge on one set and serged the other. They have held up really well.

Leave a comment:

• bakermom
    replied

I have used ordinary acrylic yarn. I did one for DIL with cotton yarn, I was concerned it might shrink but it has held up well.

Leave a comment:

• geegeequilts
    replied

If you crochet around the outside what kind of yarn do you use? I'm a beginner in crocheting.

Thanks
    Gina

Leave a comment:

• JCY
    replied

I think fleece is so warm, you might want to have only single thickness. On the blanket I made for DH, I folded over the edge a good 1/2" or so & used one of the stitches on my machine to thoroughly secure the edges. Fleece doesn't fray.

Leave a comment:

• mischiefkat
    replied

I haven't completely decided yet. Think I'm going to look for a tute that shows how to apply satin blanket binding. I have 2 different colors in my stash that would go nicely with the fleece. If I can't manage that then I will sew together and turn right side out. My machine has a lot of decorative stitches that would work. That's the next project after I finish the 21 microwave bowls I've made. Almost done with them. Thanks for your suggestions Kathy

Leave a comment:

• ROOTS73CANADA
    replied

Originally posted by LynneLeavell View Post
    I have sewn the front to the back wrong sides together, then turned it and ran a top stitch around the outer edge. They are still holding strong.
    I've done MANY fleece blankets this way.

Leave a comment:

• bakermom
    replied

good suggestions here, I would lean toward the crocheted edging myself. Somewhere I saw a technique that gave you a braided edge rather than tie. Might hold up better than ties for a child.

Look for "braided edge" fleece blanket on youtube. Several videos pop up, maybe one can help
    Last edited by bakermom; November 30, 2016, 10:26 AM. Reason: added info

Leave a comment:

• Vonnie
    replied

Originally posted by LynneLeavell View Post
    I have sewn the front to the back wrong sides together, then turned it and ran a top stitch around the outer edge. They are still holding strong.
    I have done this too then added a very large meander over the top just to keep them flush together.

Leave a comment:

• grammaterry
    replied

How about a nice satin blanket binding.

Leave a comment:

• LynneLeavell
    replied

Leave a comment:

• GrammaBabs
    replied

If you crochet.. there is a method you can find on YouTube
    I've made several and it goes quickly!
    There is a rotary blade that will make the perforations for you, but i've used a fine hole punch upon occasion..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5QgGCi1J3o&t=48s
    Last edited by GrammaBabs; November 30, 2016, 06:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• vchale
    replied

The fleece blankets I have made were one layer only. I have done sort of a blanket stitch by hand with embroidery floss or finished with a serger.

Leave a comment:

• mischiefkat
    started a topic Fleece blanket

Fleece blanket

My brother has asked that I make a fleece blanket for his 2yro GD. I'm trying to decide the best way to finish the edges. I would like to bind the 2 pieces together. Want to keep the fringe out of the crib workings. Has anybody done this? What method did you use? Kathy
Working...
X