Batting weight for table runner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batting weight for table runner

Does anybody have a suggestion for a good batting weight for a table runner? I was wondering if just flannel would look too thin. I'm just going to stitch in the ditch so no fancy quilt stitches will be on display.

Re: Batting weight for table runner

The flannel would work but pre-shrink it first. Also a thin cotton or 80/20 cotton/poly batting works well.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Don't use poly batting, it is too thin. Ask me how I know! Although I used it anyway.
      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I used W&N and mine came out great. I've also used leftover Quilter's Dream Select. Shoot, I use whatever is in my batting scraps!
        Tenacity: The quality or fact of being very determined; determination.

Comment

I think you could use whatever you have, but from my experience I've found the thinnest one available is better. If it's meant to be warmer like a blanket or a throw, then use a thicker batting.

Comment

I often use Insul-bright on my table runners if they will be used in the kitchen, that way a warm casserole/serving dish can safely be placed on them.
            Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

Originally posted by asta View Post
              I often use Insul-bright on my table runners if they will be used in the kitchen, that way a warm casserole/serving dish can safely be placed on them.
              That's a brilliant idea Asta.

Comment

Working...
              X