Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ladybugs are done/ Can you identify the pattern?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ladybugs are done/ Can you identify the pattern?

Well, I finally finished the ladybug quilt which is a project for profit that I've been working on. It is 106x106 made with yardage from M* and Kona white layer cakes and kona white wide backing. I cut it out as an Alter Ego, but put it together wrong but it is a nice pattern...I just don't know what pattern it is. Do you?ladybugs.jpgladybugback.jpg

Re: Ladybugs are done/ Can you identify the pattern?

Maybe you will have to name it yourself! It's lovely by any name!
    Bev

Comment

With the Lady Bug fabric, I guess it is the "Fly Away Home" pattern.
      If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

No clue since all the blocks are going different directions. I don't think it is an actual pattern. Give it your own name...Maybe Lady Bug Jitter Bug.
        Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
        sigpic

Comment

I'm seeing periwinkles & 4 patches on point.

Comment

I think you get to name it since it looks unique to me. Love the ladybug/jitter bug idea from Marilyn.
            Cindy

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline T. View Post
              I'm seeing periwinkles & 4 patches on point.
              You are exactly on point Caroline. It is 4 patches and periwinkles on point. That's why I figured someone had already made it. I thought I was doing everything as per pattern until I put the blocks together and they were on point and I said, "whoa, this isn't the way it was suppose to be. But, the pinwheels were pretty cool and I thought, rather than rip it out...I'd go for it. Now, I'm not so sure. I'd feel better if it were an actual pattern.

Comment

Originally posted by grammaterry View Post
                You are exactly on point Caroline. It is 4 patches and periwinkles on point. That's why I figured someone had already made it. I thought I was doing everything as per pattern until I put the blocks together and they were on point and I said, "whoa, this isn't the way it was suppose to be. But, the pinwheels were pretty cool and I thought, rather than rip it out...I'd go for it. Now, I'm not so sure. I'd feel better if it were an actual pattern.
                There are no periwinkle blocks in there. Not the right shape. There are HST and squares. Some of them form pinwheels, but there is no order or pattern to them. If this is a customer quilt, I would rip it out. Personally I would not pay for a quilt, that has no distinct pattern, even if of your own design. This does not have that. I think if you just take the 'blocks' apart...you can figure out a 'pattern' for them.
                Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                sigpic

Comment

I can't rip it out...it is quilted already. There definitely is a pattern to it. There are 4 patches and pinwheel square alternating with each other. It is all on point. If she doesn't like it...I will make her another one.

Comment

It's gorgeous, and I second the name 'Jitterbug'! And I love the quilting pattern you used too!

Comment

Thank you. I'm afraid one of these posts has left me second guessing myself. Its nice to have a vote of confidence.
                      Originally posted by tamsterg7 View Post
                      It's gorgeous, and I second the name 'Jitterbug'! And I love the quilting pattern you used too!

Comment

Bottom line in this case is what the customer wants. Did the customer give you free reign to do anything or was it a specific request? As nervous as I get about customer quilts, I would have discussed it with them before quilting. If they like it, then it's good.

Comment

I think it looks great. And if your customer is happy - then you should be.
                          ***Kathy***

Comment

Working...
                          X