Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some help with this sashing before I hurt myself!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kjohnson
    replied
    Re: Need some help with this sashing before I hurt myself!

When I put on sashing, I don't measure it exactly, but have a long enough piece to sew it on, and then when I get done, just cut off the excess. Never have to worry about "working it in".

Leave a comment:

• AMG
    replied

Originally posted by pheestand View Post
    This is my second quilt EVER, so I was so stressing about it!
    Wow! My second (third...fourth..lol) was nowhere near this complicated or well done. you did a beautiful job & I'm sure your sister will treasure it!

Leave a comment:

• Irene221b
    replied

that turned out great! Love the back, goes nicely with the front. Well done, what a wonderful gift for your sister

Leave a comment:

• kgirlmom
    replied

Truly stunning! Congratulations. From what I read here, it was all hands on deck in the forum to encourage you through this! I was in your boots a year and a half ago, just starting out. MSQ did the quilting for me to finish it off and it was amazing! You're hooked now!

Leave a comment:

• GuitarGramma
    replied

That is stunning! I can't believe it's your second quilt ever. Your points look downright professional. Thanks for sharing the finished product with us. Someone is going to be very, very happy opening that up on Christmas Day!

Leave a comment:

• MayinJerset
    replied

Beautiful!

Leave a comment:

• pheestand
    replied

lattice quilt finished.jpg

IT'S DONE!!!!

Thank you all again!!!

Leave a comment:

• pheestand
    replied

Just a quick update. I found a local shop with a beam quilting machine and took my lattice quilt top to them Tuesday. It will be done and in my hands on Dec 17th, in time for Christmas. Can't wait to see the finished product! We went with a washable wool batting with a medium loft so it will be nice and warm because she's always cold in the winter. They had a selection of 108" wide fabrics, so I selected one, with a medium blue thread and a fairly meandering stitch pattern. Thank you all again for all your help and support!

Leave a comment:

• Mimis-quilts
    replied

[QUOTE=pheestand;919235]quilt.jpg
    Your quilt is beautiful! Once you get the both borders on and get the quilt quilted it should lie flat. To sew the one inch strip border onto the quilt I would place it on top when sewing.

Leave a comment:

• sassygranny
    replied

Wow! That just worked out beautifully!

Leave a comment:

• pheestand
    replied

Originally posted by seaturtle View Post
    Glad it worked out for you! Looks terrific!
    This is my second quilt EVER, so I was so stressing about it! Appreciate your kind words.

Leave a comment:

• seaturtle
    replied

Glad it worked out for you! Looks terrific!

Leave a comment:

• pheestand
    replied

20161120_232917- crop.jpg

20161121_010836 - crop.jpg

We have success! I used a combination of all the help offered previously. First, I obviously removed the tan lattice. I re-ironed with some spray starch and nipped the frayed strings that occured when removing them from the quilt. Then I lightly starched the edges of the quilt and hand basted them together. When I sewed them together, I put the quilt top on the bottom and with the tan lattice on the top. I removed the basting and pressed. SO happy to be moving forward again with this project! <3
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• pheestand
    replied

All your responses have been definitely provided many suggestions to solve my issue! Unfortunately I haven't had time this weekend to put them to work; too much outdoor lawn work taking priority. Will definitely be back at it on Tuesday, I really want to finish it off in time to give to my sister for Christmas! I will keep you posted as to how it comes out from here.

Leave a comment:

• grammaterry
    replied

Well, all that being said, I think the quilt is perfect and I think you should just plunge ahead and finish the quilt. You will be happy, people will oooh and ahhh and you will have all this room for improvement and in 30 years, you'll look back at that quilt and say...you know...my quilts are better now, but that was a really good second quilt. DOn't worry.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X