"Hexactly" by Hunter's Design Studio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Hexactly" by Hunter's Design Studio

Has anyone done this quilt? I purchased the pattern the other day and am having trouble with the directions for the piecing of the Hexie units. I don't want to post pictures of the part of the pattern I am struggling with as it expressly states no part of the pattern can be reproduced in any way so I am limited to my rather inept description of my problem if anyone has the patience and familiarity with the pattern to help me. It's probably just my interpreting something wrongly but be this as it may...I still need some guidance or it is destined for the UFO shelf. Just wish I hadn't cut all my pieces out for the thing! Thanks.
    Last edited by just4me; November 9, 2016, 11:05 PM.

Re: "Hexactly" by Hunter's Design Studio

Can you tell us more about the trouble you are having? I am posting a picture of the pattern, which may help us understand your problem and give you advice/suggestions. (It is a great looking quilt, BTW.)

https://huntersdesignstudio.com/product/hexactly/
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

Thanks Sylvia....Well the pattern provides templates for the Hexies, a triangle and a couple of half triangles. The half triangles and triangle all have a blunt tip to them but the diagram showing the placement and sewing of the half triangles onto the hexie sides has the half triangles with all points sharp...no blunt tips on them so I am a bit confused when it tells me to allow a point of the half triangle to extend beyond the edge of the hexie........I don't have a point, just a blunt bit that just, just extends over the hexie but nowhere near the "extension" the diagram shows. The diagrams and instructions talk about the blunt end on the triangle and where to place it but no mention of the half triangles. Mind you, most of it is trimmed off so I guess it doesn't really matter it's just that I'm worried I've done something wrong. I've sent an email to the designer and am hoping I will get a reply. I guess in the meantime I will just "sally forth" and hope it is of no concern.

Comment

Where you have a 'blunt tip, just imagine the point extended and proceed accordingly.

Comment

I agree with Shirley. Normally, when you have blunt tips you match them up evenly and sew. There are no "dog-ears" to trim later.
          *~* Myrna *~*
          *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Yep, that's my normal understanding; it's just that the accompanying diagram for this shows a half triangle with no blunt edges and a "goodly" amount of point overhang at each point/end whereas with my blunt end I get only a tiny bit of overhang. I can't flip the half triangle around to align the blunt end up with the other side as the edges of the hexie and the half triangle don't align and the other diagram shows that a point end must overhang that edge as well for proper aside alignment of both hexie and half triangle.
            I think I have managed to make it work...just not worrying about the diagram anymore. The pattern designer has been in contact with me in reply to my email but I think I didn't explain my problem very clearly so will email her again.

Comment

I just got a lovely reply from the designer/seller and she confirmed my confusion and has amended her diagram to cater for the plodders like me that get easily flustered! Lovely lady, prompt response, great customer service and problem/dilemma sorted...happy face and off to the sewing room!

Comment

Good to hear about the happy ending, I was going to suggest contacting Sam. She's a lovely person and I knew she would absolutely help with the directions. Can't wait to see photos of your project!

Comment

Working...
                X