BATTING LINT ON BLACK FABRIC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BATTING LINT ON BLACK FABRIC

I quilted a wall hanging that has a black border. I am having a hard time getting all the lint off. I have used a sticky lint roller a few times and I just finished going over it with 1-1/2" masking tape and there is still too much lint. Just wondering if there are any secrets out there that I am not aware of that might work better. Black fabric is now my arch enemy!

Thanks so much

Re: BATTING LINT ON BLACK FABRIC

I am keen to hear the solution to this.......crikey I had the same problem with my last dark backing.........so exasperating.

Comment

Use black batting . . .
      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Maybe a damp cloth rubbed on the fabric will help pull off the lint???

Comment

Once the project is complete, wash it. I use wool dryer balls and they always catch the excess lint. Next time, try a black batt if it works for the center of the quilted piece, too.

Comment

I have a dog and I get dog hair everywhere! Yes I agree a damp cloth would pull alot of lint off. I have a rubber nubby thing that pulls dog hair off my car mats that works pretty good, but my dd says you can get the same results with a flip flop dampened in water. You can probably buy flip flops pretty cheap at a dollar store.

Comment

I put a very dark blue on GS's quilt. Did not play nice with the batting. I folded finished quilt in 1/4's and went over it with a lint roller, section by section to remove fuzzies. A bit time consuming( and went thru a lot of of sticky layers) but it did work.
              “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

I thought black batting had gone by the wayside? I have not seen it at my end of the world for a long time. If I ever (God forbid) do another quilt with solid black borders, I will surely try and track some black batting down!

Comment

That is great advice! I do have a rubber dog hair sponge and I bet it will work just great. Now I just have to find it.
                  I was also told today that I am using a cheap lint roller brush from the dollar store and the 3M ones work much better.

Thanks so much
                  p.s. I am Canadian and I wish you good luck on your election! Talk about a nail biter.....

Comment

Try using rubber gloves, the type used in household cleaning. I use them to pick up all manner of sticky thready things. Just rub your gloved hand over the surface and the stuff rolls up like cotton candy. Hope this helps.
                    Just love everyone. I'll sort them out later. -God

Comment

Wonderful idea! I will try that tomorrow and see how it works. Thanks so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X