Need help with "Take Four" place mat pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with "Take Four" place mat pattern

the pattern is by Cary Flanagan. Has anyone used it? I dont understand the cutting instructions.
    "Never stop believing that fighting for what is right is worth it"
    Hillary Clinton

Re: Need help with "Take Four" place mat pattern

image.jpg

I made these for my daughter. How can I help.
    Last edited by Learner quilter; October 30, 2016, 04:46 PM. Reason: Added picture
    sigpic Christine.

Comment

I have made many placemats using this pattern. I remember pinning all 4 fat quarters together before making the original cuts, just to avoid any slippage. Let me know what you are having trouble understanding and I'll try to help.

P3210002.jpg
      If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

After squaring up the fat quarters how do you place them on the mat to make the first cuts? Is the 18 inch side on the bottom (right in front of my belly) or on the side.
        Hillary Clinton

Comment

Originally posted by Marta View Post
          After squaring up the fat quarters how do you place them on the mat to make the first cuts? Is the 18 inch side on the bottom (right in front of my belly) or on the side.
          The 18" sides should be to the right and left. The 21/22" sides are the top and bottom.
          If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

Thank you so very much. I have a large pile of Christmas fatquarters that I want to use.
            Hillary Clinton

Comment

Working...
            X