Bias double fold quilt binding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bias double fold quilt binding

Hello! Need some help ...I am finishing a quilt that I am putting on a scalloped border. Of course, the scalloped border is a last minute decision. Since I have already cut my binding before I decide this, and Jenny's tutorial on this recommended a bias binding. So, I purchased some double fold bias quilt binding at Joannes, and am now stumped on how to sew these strips together.
    Does anyone have any suggestions? I hesitate to open the seams and press, but bias can be overstretched pretty easily.
    Any help will be appreciated😂
    Kathy S.

Re: Bias double fold quilt binding

I haven't every used the store bought bias binding before. Here's a video of sewing with bias tape: https://youtu.be/aPakMj6XPUY. When you get to an inside corner between the scallops, pull the quilt so it makes a straight line and continue sewing. It will fold into a nice corner when you do it this way.

If you have extra fabric, I would make my own bias binding. It doesn't take much fabric at all and you can match it better than the limited colors of bias tape.

And welcome to the forum!

Comment

What Snippet said.
      Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
      sigpic

Comment

thank you both! I think you both are correct! Needed to be sure I didn't miss something.
        Back to Joannes!

Comment

Working...
        X