• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMG
    replied
    Re: Prewashing fabric for pillowcases?

Wonderful - thank you!!!

I'm so happy to finally make time for this

I'm also making a replacement pillowcase for my husband's body pillow. I jokingly call it his "girlfriend" and I bought a new cover for it a while back because the old one had a tear in it & told him it was a new "dress" LOL Well, I didn't notice what the new "dress" was made if & it's not 100% cotton, so it was wasn't really soft. He's still using the one with a tear in it. So this will be an Xmas gift for him & "that floozie" LOL

Leave a comment:

• mpattylou
    replied
    Re: Prewashing fabric for pillowcases?

I don't pre-wash any fabric I use for pillowcases. I just wash after they are made. Throw in a color catcher. No problems.

Leave a comment:

• AMG
    started a topic Prewashing fabric for pillowcases?

Prewashing fabric for pillowcases?

I've finally got some free time to make pillowcases and I'd love to just get sewing BUT....

Several of the tutorials I've seen say the fabric should be washed first. Well, thing is I'm not sure if I should cut the yardage I'd planned to use them wash & trim the raggedy edges then iron or wash the whole length of fabric and just return what I didn't use back into the stash - will that be a problem mixing in with other unwashed fabrics if I want to mix them up in a quilt later?

I'd planned on using some orphaned JR strips as the accent - but washing those would be a nightmare :-/

What's the worst that could happen is I don't wash any of the fabrics until the pillowcase is done?
Working...
X