Motion Quilting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motion Quilting

Where do you find someone to do motion quilting and does anyone have any idea what this would cost?

Re: Motion Quilting

I got business cards from my local shops and it was 2cents a square inch. I did find someone for 1 cent, but I haven't been sewing lately to contact her.
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

Missouri Star offers quilting service. I have attached a link for you.

https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop/machinequilting
      Robin
      My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Comment

@ Sandy Carey....is there a quit guild in your area? If so, many guild members have that great knowledge or some of them do quilting. What gets charged is to their own discretion. You have to keep in mind, are they using a standard home machine or a long arm? How much of the material(s) you supply?
        Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

I don't know where you are in the country, but most quilters would know. If you want true professional longarm quilting, M* would be a good solid bet. If you just want it quilted, ask a local fabric store. Lots of us are looking to supplement our income and will do it. I don't make much by the hour (lol) because I'm pretty slow, but you want to look at their work and see if it meets your standards.
          Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
          Terry

Comment

You can take up the challenge to do it yourself. There are many tutorials on YouTube as well as books available that can help you get started. If possible, take a class in person from a qualified instructor to help you. If you search the Forum for threads on Free Motion Quilting, you might get some ideas. You also could do a Google search for Longarm quilters in your area if you don't want to quilt it yourself. Happy Quilting!

Comment

Thanks everyone !! ��

Comment

I think JCY's idea is the best. I took up FMQ last year. I bought an old store bought quilt at goodwill and used it to practice on. It only took that one project and I was off and running. Watch RobMansewings with Jenny learning FMQ. Then you will know you can do it. The first time I saw him doing FMQ I thought, heck...I can do that...it isn't a work of perfection...its a work of fun and love.
                Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                Terry

Comment

I have done mostly meandering and squiggles and loops so far, with lots of boo-boos, but once it is washed, it all looks fine.

Comment

Working...
                  X