star design on twin quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

star design on twin quilt

I want to put a huge star in the middle of a twin quilt. How do I enlarge it or is this even possible? I want to do a strip quilt with the star in the middle, possibly 20 inches. Can anyone advise me please?

Re: star design on twin quilt

Jenny has a tutorial for a big star quilt which has a block of 25" square, can't give you the link but if you search YouTube it will come up. Hope that helps.

Comment

TY so much!!

Comment

Here you go

Browse through hundreds of free, high-quality quilting tutorials to find the perfect project for you! Sort quilt videos by skill level, designer, and more!

Comment

I have made the big star quilt and used the same star block for another quilt, but put the big star on point with corner triangle and ended up with a block even larger. I think it was about 36" square. Somewhere on this forum is a picture of it - perhaps on Show and Tell. The big star is fun to make.

Comment

This is my very first Moda Bake Shop design and I'm so excited to bring it to you. Inspired by the lone star block tutorial at the Hopeful Homemaker and modified to use the oh-so-popular jelly roll, it's a great way to bring a contemporary spin on such a traditional quilt design! I used the delicious Feed Company by Sweetwater for this quilt with the tone on tone white gingham for the background. I'll warn you, this is not necessarily a quick quilt. But, by taking your time through the steps you'll end up with a stunning lone star without fussing with 200 little diamonds and no y-seams!
            Preeti
            http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
            X