2016 Holiday Block Magazine Dresden Wreath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2016 Holiday Block Magazine Dresden Wreath

I am making the Dresden Wreath Wall hanging and I have run into a problem. I have the outer portion of the wreath cut, stitched and laying on my table. I have cut and sewn the smaller wreath, also, and have laid the smaller wreath onto the larger wreath and for some reason my smaller wreath Just does not "fit" on top of the larger wreath evenly. I actually think I need to "ease" the smaller wreath, almost take a larger than a 1/4 inch seam allowance to make the smaller wreath nestle inside the larger one correctly.

Has anyone else made this quilt? Does any one else have any suggestions for fitting the smaller wreath onto the larger one? I am trying to finish this top this week so I can send off to my long arm quilter in time for Christmas.

I attempted to upload a photo but the file was too large.

T-bird59

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Re: 2016 Holiday Block Magazine Dresden Wreath

I don't subscribe to the magazine, so I'll ask, is this the same pattern:

https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...attern-by-msqc

Comment

Yes that is the pattern.

T-bird59

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Comment

Without a picture it's a little difficult to understand what you mean by it not fitting evenly. But from what I can tell from the pattern picture, the outer circle has 20 blades(petals), where as the inner circle only has 16, so the inner wreath blades won't match up evenly with the outer blades (if that's what you are refering to).

Comment

Yes, what Caroline said. If you look at the picture on the pattern, the inner blades do not line up at the same spot on each outer blade.
          Debbie

Comment

Thank you ladies for the info. After I posted my question I walked away from the quilt, actually went to bed. I looked at the wreath layers once more this morning and realized the same; the blades don't match up. I realized I had not fully hand smoothed the smaller wreath to lay inside the larger one, and the blades not being equal. What threw me off was the shaded pattern in the Block Magazine, the blades of the smaller wreath all appear to nestle/lay evenly and uniformly on top of the larger wreath blades. After I viewed the pattern and it's pictures Caroline T. supplied I realized the error of my thinking!! I'm all set to go just waiting on the background fabric I ordered from MSQC to come in to finish ( I previously ordered a background fabric but it "just didn't feel right") Guess I am learning, this is only my 6 quilt, the 4th one in 2 months.

T-bird59

Comment

Working...
            X