• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharyn J
    replied
    Re: SharynJ. A question for you

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
    I LOVE this triangle quilt!! Any tips on sewing them together your points are so sharp and perfect!
    I used the MSQ Small Simple Wedge. It's designed to get 2 cuts from each 5" charm. When you sew the two fabrics together, you must lay one of the fabrics to overhang the other by about !/4" so you will then see dog ears. I know that sounds as clear as mud!

I saw a really cute triangle quilt here and the template is free download from Craftsy. You could use a copy machine to adjust to your desired size. I may try this one out. It's easier using larger pieces than the one I did.
    http://seekatesew.com/triangle-quilt...arp-triangles/
    Last edited by Sharyn J; October 19, 2016, 12:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jjkaiser
    replied

I LOVE this triangle quilt!! Any tips on sewing them together your points are so sharp and perfect!

Leave a comment:

• Sharyn J
    replied

Do yo mean this one? IMG_0799 (600x800).jpg

If so, this was made with a triangle template. Both the trees and the white background are the same size and sewn together in lengthwise strips; then each strip is turned and joined horizontally. Super simple and good for using up scraps. I think I got my inspiration from this tutorial of Jenny's.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp6eVzKF34w

or this one? IMG_0798 (800x600).jpg

This one is Jenny's Coin quilt with Pizzazz, again, another easy pattern that gives a lot of punch!
    Last edited by Sharyn J; October 18, 2016, 07:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Vonnie
    replied

She sure has made some beautiful quilts!

If you go to her profile and send her a private message, she will get an email telling her she has a message.

Leave a comment:

• Marta
    started a topic SharynJ. A question for you

SharynJ. A question for you

After reading your post on quilt not ragging thread I went to your album for a look at your rag quilts. I fell in love with the third quilt-- a scrappy , looks like half rectangle block. How did you make them, is there a pattern. The colors are so cheery .Your quilt made me smile.
Working...
X