ingrid,s garden is a bit confusing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ingrid,s garden is a bit confusing

Hi everyone. One of my infrequent posts. I attended a workshop with Jenny and ingrids garden was one of the projects. Of course I didn't even finish the cutting but it was great. I am now putting the quilt up on my design wall and I will admit the hexi hooligans are somewhat distracting. I did get them all up and it is a large quilt. I have new fluffy flannel on my wall so all was well until my pooch trotted by and jumped into the rocker next to the wall. It began raining hexis all over the floor. I am pinning what is left and trying to reconstruct from the piles on the floor. If anyone has worked on this quilt did it seem a bit mixed up and jumbled putting the hexis in place or is it just me? I have new glasses arriving next week. Windy and sprinkling here in Spokane. Have a great day.

Re: ingrid,s garden is a bit confusing

Maybe there are pics on line you could compare to?

Comment

Are you following the pattern that is in the BLOCK, Spring Vol. 3, Issue 2? I remember this is one of the patterns they re-named in the BLOCK, which is different than the original tutorial name. The link listed on the pattern does not include this tutorial. For the life of me, I can't remember the original name. I wish M* wouldn't do these naming switcharoos! I cannot locate the original tutorial. Maybe an e-m to M* would be helpful. Or maybe someone here on the Forum remembers. Anyway, the picture of the layout is in the BLOCK mag. I don't have a design wall. I have to lay pieces out on the floor. I don't have any kids or pets around, so don't have your problem with falling hexis. I've made just 1 hexagon quilt. I had to lay out all the half-hexi pieces to get the pattern I wanted before I ever began sewing anything together. Good luck with your project.

Comment

I hope u post a picture of your quilt I would to make one also, would like to see the colors u use.

Comment

Does this photo help?
          https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...attern-by-msqc
          Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Thank you for all your help. The picture is great. Don't think all the hexies will match any more. I will post a picture as soon as my grandson teaches me. Rainy and cold in Spokane.

Comment

Bee Happy, I heard your weather was chilly. My niece lives in Post Falls. She's counting the days till she can head down to Yuma, AZ for the winter where the weather is warmer. She has a motor home. She retired in April.

Comment

Working...
              X