Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

figure this out ??????????

town square.jpg

I want to make this quilt. trying to figure out the best way to piece the blocks between the picture squares. I think it can be done with strip sets, but I am stumped right now
    Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Re: figure this out ??????????

It looks like each picture is surrounded by pieces on all 4 sides first by a very narrow white strip, then sort of a pieced square in a square. That part should be easy enough to figure out. Not sure about the other pieces. Is this just a pic you have, or do you have the actual quilt so you can measure the width of the strips & squares? Based on the sizes of the photo squares you want to make, you probably could come up with your own measurements.

Comment

I'm with Jcy.. A thin white strip around each picture, then strips sewn together.

I'd measure the picture with the strip sewn on to see how many strips to sew together.. to get the right width.

The strips also look like they were randomly cut & sewn together lengthwise. I'm wondering if this might be one of the Stash Busting Quilt Ideas.

I sure like it.
      Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
      :icon_wave:

Comment

It could be the pictures were sewn on top of an already made quilt.
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

the pics have some borders on them. It is a panel of pics. I have that, but the randomness of the strips has me baffled. has to be an easy way to do it. All I have is this pic. It is Town Square by Moda

Comment

Here is a picture closer up. Maybe that could help.

http://www.fatquartershop.com/town-s...uilt-kit-59176
            🌺 Lorie

Comment

Someone in my quilting club made this quilt recently. I believe it is from the Town Square collection. I have the book. Give me a few hours and I will look for you. It may be this evening before I can get back to you.
              sigpic

Comment

quilt.jpg

This is the best I can come up with. Try building by making blocks. Depending on which side the photo is on, the construction would be a bit different.
                K is for Karen 😊​..................
                Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                T - is it TRUE?
                H - is it HELPFUL?
                I - is it INSPIRING?
                N - is it NECESSARY?
                K - is it KIND?

Comment

Originally posted by Carolyn View Post
                  Someone in my quilting club made this quilt recently. I believe it is from the Town Square collection. I have the book. Give me a few hours and I will look for you. It may be this evening before I can get back to you.
                  thanks. I am still gathering fabrics to use with it. Having some trouble matching up the grey/green. It is an odd color. I have something that should work though. Just being picky right now

Comment

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]136367[/ATTACH]

This is the best I can come up with. Try building by making blocks. Depending on which side the photo is on, the construction would be a bit different.
                    thanks Karen. I was splitting the blocks differently. That makes more sense. usually I can dissect a block easily, but this one seems to be a challenge foe some reason

Comment

The panel has 8 pictures, 2 x 4, and measures 24" x WoF. I am guessing each framed square is approx 8". I noticed that each picture has a strip on top or bottom, and guessing that measures 2.5" x 8". I also see that it takes 4 strips to make up the height of the framed pic.
                      This us a real pretty quilt and could be done with a large print for the pictures. I have a Santa print that is pretty big Santas...will be following this, in hopes that my smart Sewing Sisters can get this figured out.
                      Barbara
                      http://www.etsy.com/shop/CraftySweetPeas

Comment

It appears to be blocks that are made to the size of rectangle bricks with strip sets the same width as the pictoral fabric.
                        quiltsegmented.jpg
                        Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/

Comment

And it also looks to me that there are 2.5" x 4" strip sets running up and down on the sides of each picture....getting closer to figuring this block out.
                          Barbara
                          http://www.etsy.com/shop/CraftySweetPeas

Comment

town square panel.jpg

this is the panel of blocks. each block is 8" to border, and each border is 1/2" . so to the brown is 10"

Comment

Originally posted by CraftySweetPeas View Post
                              And it also looks to me that there are 2.5" x 4" strip sets running up and down on the sides of each picture....getting closer to figuring this block out.
                              I saw that too, but thought I was trying to make it harder than I need to

Comment

Working...
                              X