Do I wash precuts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I wash precuts?

I am going to use a charm pack for a quilt and I was wondering if I should pre wash them?

Thank you for your help!
    I am a quilter and my house is in pieces.

Re: Do I wash precuts?

No! Never wash precuts! Ever!!

Comment

Washed precuts = recuts! Even if they don't unravel they won't be quite the same size. It's possible, some people soak gently in a delicates bag, but that's a rarity. The beauty of precuts is that you're ready to go without any hassle.

General rule of thumb is to not wash any yardage you use with precuts so they shrink the same after the quilt is completed. Unless you're sensitive to the finishing products or any dust on fabrics, there's not much point in prewashing these days. I used to be a prewasher, I've quit for the most part.

Comment

Never, ever wash precuts. If you notice Jenny takes hers right out of the pack and uses them. If you tried to wash them, I don't think you would be happy. You would have an unraveled mess on your hands.
        Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
        sigpic

Comment

Like the others said don't wash pre cuts before using,but when you quilt is finished wash with a couple color catchers.(you can find them in the laundry aisle)
          If your colors do bleed don't dry, rewash with a couple new color catchers and repeat until all the bleeding stops.
          :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Working...
          X